View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Chef Ben
Regular 'Geeker

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Victor or to Herman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
After seeing those latest spec sheets on the Sprint Diamond and Sprint Touch Pro, Im more split than I thought I'd ever be about these devices. I'm currently a mogul user now and I love the keyboard, but as a long time WM user I can survive just fine wihtout it. The Diamond now supposedly getting 256Mb of RAM, the same 1350mAh battery and being much much thinner than the Touch Pro is leaning me hard towards it. If the Diamond had a microSD slot it would be the icing on the cake.

Not that these devices really will need much attention from Sprint with new ROMs after they are launched, but do you think the Touch Pro will get priority support from Sprint the way the mogul seems to now over the Touch?

How many of your are as split on this as me?
Definitely the Diamond. As phone advancements keep growing exponentially the Touch Pro is still as thick as a phone book. The Diamond will have the same performance. My mogul now has buttons that stick or just don't respond until I mash 'em or press it 5 times on the QWERTY. The more I think about it the more I realize I could do without it. Not to mention the added weight of the keyboard makes it the perfect weight to totally get jacked up if you drop it whereas the diamond might be lighter and able to take the abuse better...by just enough.

I rarely type emails on my mogul. 99.999999% of the time its just texts so I can deal with no QWERTY. The main thing I'm going to miss is the flashlight. I use it all the damn time...oh well. I have a 2gb card now and its not even half full so 4gb is more than plenty.

Plus the Diamond looks a million times better. Sleek and sexy. The Diamond is a varsity jacket and the Touch Pro is a potect protector.

Last edited by Chef Ben; 08-13-2008 at 12:46 AM.