PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

here's a question.
Apparently the Pro will have dual band?
I bought an upstage when it came out. I didn't get jack squat for service at the house.
What are the chances that the final version of the Pro will have tri-band, or quad-band, or at least have a better antenna.

If not....

Do you think we will be able to find a version of skype that will work on this phone so that you could make WI-FI calls????

Did the mogul have dual band? or was it better?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

im pretty sure dual and tri band are only for GSM providors. i could be wrong though.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b

mmm, poo.
What are the chances then that a version of skype will work in the new pro??
Old 08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
N00b

prettytonydotnet is a n00b

Wut it is Blackrain im not sure of your sources either..but im an HTC junky fa real...the touch is not even a part of the 6700 fam...just look at it..the touch was the response to the iphone from HTC......notice theres no qwerty ......the 6800 went through a name change from the mogul to the titan ....the 6900 was already released through at&t =the tilt
all of the american versions of these devices are down graded for whatever fcc reasons...we have the dumbest phones in the world and everyone knows that....the titan 2 is wack just like every other device that does not offer windows....Personally I call the touch pro the 7000 ..the standard has been set baby! HTC all day everyday baby!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

All of Sprint's phones are dualband CDMA... 850/1900.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

AClotfelter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
So far, I like the picture of the Herman. If it stays the same between GSM and CDMA, that'd be great!
Looks like the "Herman" pic they have is just the GSM version... note the euro and pound keys on the keyboard.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I wouldn't mind an oct 2nd release but I'll have my money ready for sept 2nd release too! I sooo gotta have this phone!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I wouldn't mind an oct 2nd release but I'll have my money ready for sept 2nd release too! I sooo gotta have this phone!
+1... the launch date just can't come any faster...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

SwaggeSean86 is a n00b

no the resealse date for the HTC Touch Pro (Which Sprint Calls It The Herman) is expected October 2nd, 2008...PhoneArena.com has the release dates on all phones and the HTC Touch Diamond (Which Sprint Calls It The Victor) is expected September 2nd, 2008!!! For The Record I Cant Wait!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I'm selling my backup Mogul early to avoid the crush of other Moguls' that'll soon appear on eBay. My advice: dump it sooner rather than later to maximize your protential profits... that's if you can... don't toss it and be left Pocket PC-less.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro