PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I wonder if eCare will do a swap like they did with the Mogul -> Touch... If they do that, I will be one happy camper... shouldn't take much convincing when I list off the fact I've had 5 Moguls and all the issues I've had with them...
It's understandable that they let you do a swap from a Mogul to a Touch because the Touch costs less (aside from the fact that you had 5 moguls).

I don't know if they'd do that in this case, but you never know.

I eventually got my phone for free (cuz Sprint mistakingly released my phone number, so I ended up losing a phone number I had for 7 years).
Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 PM
N00b

slowputer is a n00b
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

As a matter of confirmation, I had an encounter with an HTC rep at a Sprint store and he confirmed OCTOBER as release month.

The SOB smiles and refused to give me the exact day.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro palm pre
Carrier: sprint

ummzitsokies is a n00b

does anyone know a price range for the raphael? I noticed that the gsm version is going for about 1100 on some websites. Sprints not gonna have it priced that outrageous are they?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummzitsokies View Post
does anyone know a price range for the raphael? I noticed that the gsm version is going for about 1100 on some websites. Sprints not gonna have it priced that outrageous are they?
Not likely, but ebay probably will, at least initially.

Nobody knows pricing yet, but the best bet is that it'll be $300-350 with new contract and $550-600 retail.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

othersteve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Not likely, but ebay probably will, at least initially.

Nobody knows pricing yet, but the best bet is that it'll be $300-350 with new contract and $550-600 retail.
My rep's guess was similar. With corporate pricing it'll be even lower, of course, and plus you can trade in your Mogul for some additional credit if you don't want to deal with putting it up for sale.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

What kind of trade-in value can you expect? I have a Touch that I just recieved and would consider a trade-in for a decent amount.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Lecithin is just getting started

The GSM version is selling for 950-1100 because it is an unlocked gsm phone. Unlocked GSM phones (especially the PDA/PPC's) retail for extrodinarily high prices as 1) you are not getting a lower price due to the bulk purchase being made by a cellphone provider and 2) none of those lovely contract discounts (usually around $150-250.) The unlocked Touch pro came out in England for 550 pounds which is about 950 USD. That being said I would expect the retail would be around 550 USD through Sprint and between 300 and 400 with a contract.

edit - didn't notice the post from badutahboy above on pricing...

Last edited by Lecithin; 08-14-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

othersteve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
What kind of trade-in value can you expect? I have a Touch that I just recieved and would consider a trade-in for a decent amount.
If I'm not mistaken I believe she guessed the trade-in value at someplace between $150-$200, so that's not bad at all. If that's accurate I will definitely be exercising that option, as that means, along with our corporate discount, I can probably get the upgraded phone for easily under $200.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
If I'm not mistaken I believe she guessed the trade-in value at someplace between $150-$200, so that's not bad at all. If that's accurate I will definitely be exercising that option, as that means, along with our corporate discount, I can probably get the upgraded phone for easily under $200.
OMG! Are you serious? That's a done deal/no-brainer for me, especially when it alleviates the hassle of selling it on ebay! I just hope that my corporate contact can set that up for me.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

there is no way that sprint is gonna buy back a touch for that much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro