PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
yay
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1 and 2
Carrier: sprint

yay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bricked htc touch pro? Please help

You guys should try reformatting the microsd card with hp format tool, just google it.
I had the same problems flashing through my sd card until I formatted the drive to fat32. Everytime I flash through my sd card, I make sure to always format the sd card first. Since doing this, I have not had any problems.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

happy20b is a n00b

Thx for the pointer, I will try it , i am at my office now.

I had formated to fat32 using Windows7 default formatter. I will try with HP tool.

One more doubt. This cell was not unlocked, So i guess i have to flash hardspl.nbh first using SD card..

I had referred http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-up...a-sd-card.html

But i cannot download the SSPL and extract and put the exe in main memory on my phone. because my device itself not booting to OS.

I am a noob so please answer this question,

My battery is completely dead, it wont charge up, So i am trying to flash device with device connected to my PC using usb cable. Device is getting power from usb cable. So will it cause any problem ?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
N00b

happy20b is a n00b

I formatted sd card as fat32 using HP tool, copied RAPHIMG.nbh file to sd card, connected device to pc using usb cable .. it shows "Loading..." in white screen and nothing happens after that, Do i have to take to service center ?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy20b View Post
I formatted sd card as fat32 using HP tool, copied RAPHIMG.nbh file to sd card, connected device to pc using usb cable .. it shows "Loading..." in white screen and nothing happens after that, Do i have to take to service center ?
dont connect to pc, enter bootloader manually sir, all will be good. Hold the power button and volume down while soft resetting your phone. Continue to hold volume down and power until you see a screen that has 3 colored bars covering the top 2/3s of the screen
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
dont connect to pc, enter bootloader manually sir, all will be good. Hold the power button and volume down while soft resetting your phone. Continue to hold volume down and power until you see a screen that has 3 colored bars covering the top 2/3s of the screen
Thanks for the info.. So is it the reason, why my device showing tri color boot-screen without pressing any keys(vol down+power) when i connect device to pc using mini usb cable ?

Ryt now my battery is dead and it wont charge.. Thats why i tried connecting to PC using usb cable and tried flashing the device(with dead battery inserted in it).

I will buy new battery and follow the procedure .. hope evrything wil be good

Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

your phone should still charge while off. if you are not unlocked then flash your stock shipped rom then start the unlock process in my thread mentioned above.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
N00b

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
your phone should still charge while off. if you are not unlocked then flash your stock shipped rom then start the unlock process in my thread mentioned above.
No, the battery is not charging .. I think i have to replace battery . As i mentioned earlier if i connect usb cable to device , the display will come up without pressing any reset keys or even power button and it shows tri color boot screen. which reads

security unlocked
RAPH800
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
USB

And i guess it is not unlocked. My brother was using this cell, when he gave it to me it was not working.

So you mean to say I should flash the stock rom from SD card first and then unkock my device using hardspl ?. Since it is a Sprint cdma i have to use

StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar , Im a right ?

I had also tried flashing this image using sd card. It will simply show " Loading.." message forever.. As "darren.wlsn1" told i should not try this with device connected to pc ,instead i should do this manually. So i am going buy new battery first and then try all this.

Thanks for the reply.. I will buy new battery soon..
Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

battery not charging isnt good, might be usb also. (cable or port)
Old 09-28-2010, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy20b View Post
No, the battery is not charging .. I think i have to replace battery . As i mentioned earlier if i connect usb cable to device , the display will come up without pressing any reset keys or even power button and it shows tri color boot screen. which reads

security unlocked
RAPH800
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
USB

And i guess it is not unlocked. My brother was using this cell, when he gave it to me it was not working.

So you mean to say I should flash the stock rom from SD card first and then unkock my device using hardspl ?. Since it is a Sprint cdma i have to use

StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar , Im a right ?

I had also tried flashing this image using sd card. It will simply show " Loading.." message forever.. As "darren.wlsn1" told i should not try this with device connected to pc ,instead i should do this manually. So i am going buy new battery first and then try all this.

Thanks for the reply.. I will buy new battery soon..
Just download the Sprint TP ROM from htc.com. Connect while in tri-color bootloader. When it says 'usb' at the bottom, then just run the .exe you download from htc and follow the prompts. If it doesn't work, there is a hardware problem with your phone. The link below takes you to the ROM download page for Sprint Touch Pro. Download the "SPRINT TOUCH PRO MR | 09.25.2009".

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Touch

If you still feel like doing it the harder way using your sd card, you can use winrar/7zip and extract the .exe you download. You will find the RUU_singed.nbh, which you can then rename and flash using the storage card method (though I don't see the point unless your USB port is broken...).

Also darren.wlsn1, you should move this to the proper forum as there is no ROM being released here.

Last edited by mwalt2; 09-28-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 AM
N00b

happy20b is a n00b

My HTC TP started working without flashing any ROM but still there is some problem..

1. Turn off phone
2. Lift battery out and push back in
3. Press the stylus soft-reset button hole
4. Wait 60 seconds
5. Power on , it will boot to windows 6.1

But if i power off the device and again power on it will again go to RGB bootloader , and i have to follow the above 1-5 steps again.

I dont know what is happening with device.. I think i can flash the hardspl ROM and unlock device now and then flash custom ROMS.. Ryt now I am at office .. ill test it once i go to home

Thanks all for your replies..

Last edited by happy20b; 09-28-2010 at 05:59 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
20?crackerwarrior?10