PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will the touch pro go out of stock soon?

Is the touch pro for sprint going to go out of stock anytime soon because I want to upgrade to a touch pro 2 via. phone. I don't want to go to the store.
Is there anything I can say to sprint to make them replace it for free, or at least give me a list of similiar phones to offer, anytime I ask them on the phone, they tell me that the system will not allow them to replace the touch pro with another model, only another touch pro. Is there any way I can upgrade?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

nolangartzke is a n00b
Re: Will the touch pro go out of stock soon?

I find my self in the same situation. I have been back and forth to sprint to get my fault keyboard replaced and every-time they just give me a new referb. After complaining for a good 30 mins i got the employee to mark my phone DBR (Damaged beyond repair) in their computers so that the next time i went in i could get something other then a faulty TP.

Well i went in about a week ago for the same problem and the way i was treated was a disgrace. First they look up my phone and try and tell me that its DBR and that means its no longer repairable. I call over a manager and i explained the DBR to both of them they know i am right but they try and pull some more gypsy magic! They then try to tell me i dont have insurance even tho i pay monthly for coverage. After calmly telling them that is also wrong and questioning if they even work their i begin to complain that this is an outrage and that i would like to be put into a different phone because this is the 6th time and the manager trys to tell me thats not how it works and i tell him that is how it works i been a customer for 6 years and i am entitled to a phone of equal value so they bring me out a referb touch again FML!

The two employees i was working with were so shady and i felt the whole time they were trying to pull something over on me. At this point im thinking about switching from sprint and calling BBB or something.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangartzke View Post
I find my self in the same situation. I have been back and forth to sprint to get my fault keyboard replaced and every-time they just give me a new referb. After complaining for a good 30 mins i got the employee to mark my phone DBR (Damaged beyond repair) in their computers so that the next time i went in i could get something other then a faulty TP.

Well i went in about a week ago for the same problem and the way i was treated was a disgrace. First they look up my phone and try and tell me that its DBR and that means its no longer repairable. I call over a manager and i explained the DBR to both of them they know i am right but they try and pull some more gypsy magic! They then try to tell me i dont have insurance even tho i pay monthly for coverage. After calmly telling them that is also wrong and questioning if they even work their i begin to complain that this is an outrage and that i would like to be put into a different phone because this is the 6th time and the manager trys to tell me thats not how it works and i tell him that is how it works i been a customer for 6 years and i am entitled to a phone of equal value so they bring me out a referb touch again FML!

The two employees i was working with were so shady and i felt the whole time they were trying to pull something over on me. At this point im thinking about switching from sprint and calling BBB or something.
Before, Sprint used to trade TP for TP2 no questions asked, now it's all this crap
Old 06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

You are going to have to either A) Know someone that can hook you up or B) go through some TP's and complain every time about it and hopefully not to long after you'll get a TP2

The advice I got was go into a store, don't call because they will just tell you to go to a repair center, and go to a store that isn't Sprint *weird i know*. Go to Sprint.com and find locations and look for locations that say "Sprint store by". They will often just give you a replacement based on a list that they have.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would try walking in, and I know this sounds bad, but be real rude like, and I'm sure everyone has seen this person, I BEEN A CUSTOMER WITH YOU FOR X YEARS, THIS PHONE IS JUNK, YOU NEED TO GIVE ME SOMETHING BETTER TO WORK WITH OR I'M TAKING MY X LINES WITH ME.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-21-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch [Vogue]

LauraAmerica is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I would try walking in, and I know this sounds bad, but be real rude like, and I'm sure everyone has seen this person, I BEEN A CUSTOMER WITH YOU FOR X YEARS, THIS PHONE IS JUNK, YOU NEED TO GIVE ME SOMETHING BETTER TO WORK WITH OR I'M TAKING MY X LINES WITH ME.
Sadly, that works here (Mexico). Guess is the same everywhere
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAmerica View Post
Sadly, that works here (Mexico). Guess is the same everywhere
well with respect, if your nice they push you around, if they see you as a threat/someone who isn't afraid to stand up for themselves, they want you out of the store ASAP so no one can really see whats going on, so most of the time they give you what you want within reason lol
Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, probably this doesn't happen in Japan.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAmerica View Post
Well, probably this doesn't happen in Japan.

It wouldn't surprise me if it did, I haven't been there yet to see it in action lol
Old 06-21-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Those guys are all polite or all karate. Ok, my apologizes for the racist comment -in any may consider it like that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro