PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Page Plus

jivago is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPL-0.40 Auto Unlocker?

Is there an auto unlocker for SPL 0.40?

My Touch Pro won't boot and I want to flash it.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: SPL-0.40 Auto Unlocker?

going to need some more details... when you say it wont boot are you stuck at the rainbow bootloader screen?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

hard reset it and unlock the same way you would unlock 0.37
Old 03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lol961 is just getting started

whats the difference between .37 and .40?

^^^ Home Internet.. Wack Upload.

^^^ HTC Touch Pro.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

as far as unlocking, nothing. it's just an updated spl (bootloader) to match updated 9/25/09 sprint rom that has the occasion of relocking the device when flashed to that version rom. if you were custom/unlocked and flashed stock update, you have to unlock it again.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lol961 is just getting started

oohhh where do you get that :O
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Almost a VIP

the stock 0.37.0000 locker and 0.37.comex unlocker can be found www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 and the 0.40.0000 locker is inside the 9/25 update rom from http://www.member.america.htc.com/do...2.01.651.6.exe and can be unlocked with .37.comex but you have to reflash sprint rom to lock it again. if you unlock your device and flash a custom rom, reflashing this stock rom will relock 9 out of 10 times. put your device in bootloader after flash and auto customize completes and check to see if it locked, flash again if it don't and check, if you ever need to return your device to sprint.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jivago is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
going to need some more details... when you say it wont boot are you stuck at the rainbow bootloader screen?
Alltel Touch Pro: I get Touch Pro screen, then a vibrate and a reboot. Can go forever. I can get to the multi color screen with the appropriate buttons. The battery is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
h aard reset it and unlock the same way you would unlock 0.37
I get a 262 error.

Quote:
the stock 0.37.0000 locker and 0.37.comex unlocker can be found www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 and the 0.40.0000 locker is inside the 9/25 update rom from...
Without appropriate caps and punctuation I'm not sure what you are saying.

The 0.37 unlocker will unlock 0.40? Many bits have been spilled on unlocking and I was under the impression that to unlock 0.40 you had to do it manually. Seems like you copy a file on the phone and run it from the phone. Can't do that because the phone won't boot.

When I run the 0.37 unlocker, I get a 262 error. Should I do something different?

I can run the appropriate stock rom flash. The % bar on the phone goes to 99% then reboots. But I want to try an alternate rom to go beyond the boot loop.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Almost a VIP

jivago, are you flashing a cdma rom or a gsm rom? did you unlock the device and flash sprints rom or any other cdma rom on your gsm device?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jivago is a n00b

Quote:
jivago, are you flashing a cdma rom or a gsm rom? did you unlock the device and flash sprints rom or any other cdma rom on your gsm device?
Is there even a GSM 0.37 or 0.40 rom? I'm talking CDMA here.

Got it as it is. I have not flashed it with anything but correct stock rom. Stock rom flashes "successfully" ie completes. It will not boot. All types of unlockers give a 262 error. I've never successfully unlocked it. That's what I want to do. It the point of my question. I want to unlock it.

Some are saying the 0.37 unlocker should unlock the 0.40, but there also seems to be those who say that the 0.40 must be unlocked manually, ie from a file within WM. Can't boot so that won't work.

Can we please not look for completely obvious things? I'm green, but reasonably competent.

Can someone please give clear and concise answers with the information at hand? I've been at this for a week in different forums and no one can get to the clear issue at hand.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro