PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Different Phone?? Is There Any way??????????????????????

Hello All & Good Evening
I am at a total lose? I honestly can not believe that this company called Verizon can not and will not replace my phone (The HTC Touch Pro) with another phone of equal capabilities?Why is this? Is it because they do not want to set a president?? Or maybe it's because they feel that my contract is almost up? Or is it that they are just so arrogant that it does not matter to them one iota that a customer has been going through hell and a hand basket since day once to keep this so called Smart Phone\Pocket Pc functioning so that I can do my job efficiently?? I have asked nicely I have pleaded,I Have been nasty, I have been kind,I have been so nice that I believe that something should have been done. But is has not. Each and every time they give me another BS story and every time it crashes! It crashes the same way. Guy's and Gal's I have NO choice but to use Verizon because this is the Phone that my School District uses and they are locked into this contract for six more months or so?

They say it's something that I'm doing or downloading? Frankly I do not know what reason or for that matter what application that I am downloading that could be doing this? I basically don't have much on the phone at all and what I have resides on the memory that I have installed myself..?

Baffled???? Any ideas please post up or PM me I would love to here some theories??
Thanks again.......

My question to one and all is has anyone here been given a replacement to one of these phones? If so what phone did you get and what was it you said or did to get them to capitulate?? I am getting DESPERATE! And that my friends is really NO Joke.............
Once again Off rant.................................

Last edited by schoust; 03-05-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff
Re: Different Phone?? Is There Any way??????????????????????

They're not offering you another TP. Or are you trying to get them to give you something better.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dougchrist is a n00b

If it is under warranty, they should offer you a refurbished Touch Pro. They sent me three of these. One had a touch screen go bad and the others had issues with the way they assembled the keypad below the screen (didn't set flush and buttons did not work). They eventually offered me a Touch Pro 2 and was trying to send me a refurbished one until they didn't have a battery cover to send with it. Then after speeking to a manager, they sent me a new one. I haven't had it long, but it is definately more stable with twice the battery life.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dougchrist is a n00b

If it is under warranty, they should offer you a refurbished Touch Pro. They sent me three of these. One had a touch screen go bad and the others had issues with the way they assembled the keypad below the screen (didn't set flush and buttons did not work). They eventually offered me a Touch Pro 2 and was trying to send me a refurbished one until they didn't have a battery cover to send with it. Then after speeking to a manager, they sent me a new one. I haven't had it long, but it is definately more stable with twice the battery life.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Holy cow Doug it sure sounds as though we both had similar problems! To answer the questions they have sent multiple (Referrbished As new Touch Pro's) Each one being worse! These things are pieces of Crap! They have to be one of the most unstable devices that are on the market! Honestly Most of the people that are using them can't be using there device as a true multi media online music device? My Boss tells me he never has any issues with his? Ye thats becaus he says Hello and Goodby and that is the most that he does on his phone. The way I use my phone is I a couple of apps and some music and I always run the phone in Touch flow. I'm not sure if it's the music or the apps that cause the phone to freak? All I can say is if it were mine and not my employer's account I would have snapped long ago on Big Red!!!

Last edited by schoust; 03-06-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They won't replace the phone unless it is a hardware issue...

Sounds to me like they have determined it to be a software issue.

you didn't say what the actual issue is so I can't really help you further...
Old 03-09-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hard reset and start over. i still have my original TP with NO issues. i use it every day for everything from calls, text, pics, MP3 player, internet radio, weather, the list goes on and on. hard reset and install your programs back one by one and wait to see which one causes you issues.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

Honestly... If you went to Verizon as disorganized as you have posted here on this thread I can see why they are ignoring you.

First off try telling us what problem you are having with the phone. From the scattered comments you've posted, I imagine it is an issue with the applications you are using. Both my wife and I use our TP's for everything from GPS, Phone, Txt, tethered internet, mobile internet, to alarm clock and MP3 player. We have hiccups every now and then, but it's to be expected.

If you're having the same problem with multiple replacement phones, I'd simply say chances are the problem is either you are using an app not designed to work with the phone, or you have higher expectations of the phone than any phone is currently capable.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)

phillipdhall is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I'm using the mobile site, so I can't see for sure, but I'm betting the two posters who've never had a problem aren't Verizon users. When you are running at 45% memory usage, we are at 90% and the phone becomes very eratic and programs and services start crashing.

To the OP, you cannot expect your phone to run more than one program at a time. Make sure you've set the x button to close instead of minimize programs and watch your memory usage. Install oxios hibernate, and expect to soft reset your phone daily, and hard reset every month or two if you keep installing programs.

Give the community details - ROM version, what apps you use, what tweaks you've done, etc. We'll try to help out.

The phone will do what your business needs - answer calls, emails, and keep outlook data. If you're expecting to listen to music while you paste data from Opera into your email, and answer the call that interupts you in the middle of it, then you'll have to accept like me that you have the wrong phone. And while I hate it, I have to admit that I knew the specs when I bought it, and it does exactly what it was advertized to do, just not very well.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and you would lose that bet. i most certainly am a VZN user with, as i said, my original TP that i got feb of last year. i run all day with WinMo 6.1 and SPB MS 3.5.x with the sense UI and run steady at 50-55% used, even after text, calls, games, weather, and GPS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro