PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

typo lad is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom Hunting Help.

Forgive me if it's gauche to ask, but I'm trying to find a particular sort of ROM. I used to build ROMs in BuildOS for the Apache, but the updates keep crashing it and I've kind of given up.

What I'm looking for is a very stripped down ROM. Something that's just the TP running Manilla 2.5. I could have sworn I saw a ROM here that was basically what comes pre-loaded with the phone, but the latest editions. That would have been perfect, but I just can't find it.

Does anyone know the ROM I mean? Also, is there an alternative to BuildOS these days?

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

mschmitt01 is a n00b
Re: Rom Hunting Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo lad View Post
Forgive me if it's gauche to ask, but I'm trying to find a particular sort of ROM. I used to build ROMs in BuildOS for the Apache, but the updates keep crashing it and I've kind of given up.

What I'm looking for is a very stripped down ROM. Something that's just the TP running Manilla 2.5. I could have sworn I saw a ROM here that was basically what comes pre-loaded with the phone, but the latest editions. That would have been perfect, but I just can't find it.

Does anyone know the ROM I mean? Also, is there an alternative to BuildOS these days?

Thanks.
As far a stripped ROM software wise, you're not going to really find anything around here that includes Manilla 2.5. If you don't want Manilla, just go and get Mighty Mouse's TP 6.0 Final release, its super-solid. As for a Manilla 2.5 release, I would recommend NSFAN's Feb 3rd release. Its solid, stable and about as stock as it gets. It does include some customization (total commander, arkswitch) stuff and Titanium is cooked in, but you don't have to use it. I've been using it since it came out. Not really any issues with it. The only broken part is you cannot add calander appointments with from the Sense tab, you have to do it through Microsoft's calander app. If this helps hit the thanks button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried NSFan's. I really liked it, but had some glitches. I wasn't getting text alerts and my outlook mail wasn't generating a preview.

What's the best kitchen these days?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

mschmitt01 is a n00b

Quote:
What's the best kitchen these days?
Whoa! Thats a loaded question. I've been playing around with Caulkin's Kitchen but there are just SO many that you've really got to download them and play with them all. As far as NSFAN's ROM, its been very good to me and I haven't had any glitches other than those already mentioned. If you want to try something a little different, you could always try the version of EnergyROM Leo or Pheonix2. Leo is 2.5 Manilla and Pheonix is 2.1. He tends to add a lot of custom icons and skins, but a very functional and fast ROM, kind of a pagepool hog though. I've been really trying to get some of the cookers out there to make a stock 23XXX ROM with Manilla 2.5 and stock everything else... its just a matter of time before someone cooks it up.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Point. A bit loaded. Not meant to be but I see how it could come off.

I did try EnergyROM. Something about it felt "off".

I'll just mess about with the kitchens then. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks.
Try this,(the lite version)http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107393
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro