PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dumblondewalkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Weird TP errors...screen, vibrate, and soft reset button, cant connect with usb

Well recently I ran into some issues with my Sprint Touch Pro. I felt that some of my issues were with software being corrupted, but after flashing (through the SD card) I found that my phone is just messed up.

I thought this picture would help show what I'm talking about...
I figured the screen wasn't corrupted files, but I think my TP overheated and this is the result...It isn't always visible (different lighting and the angle you're viewing), it is in the shape of a perfect rectangle and somewhat resembles what gas looks like in water. I have repair service through sprint and I think that this will be fixed if I ask for it.

Another problem with this phone is the vibrator in it has stopped working, and I can't figure out why...it just won't vibrate, so I feel as if I might have to get a replacement. Another issue regarding this is that a lot of my windows sounds stopped working (my phone ring and text messaging sounds).

One more problem is the fact that I can't soft reset my phone. The little button doesn't respond anymore, even though I can feel it click. This isn't a huge problem, but it is annoying to say the least (I mean the button is there for a reason).

Lastly, I can't get my phone to connect to my computers. When all of these problems arose, I was using a Mighty Mouse 6.5 rom and I figured my problems might go away when I flashed to a stock rom. Once I figured out flashing from an SD card and got a stock rom on there only the problem with sounds went away.

So right now I have a stock TP (still unlocked) that has a weird screen issue, won't vibrate, and I can't connect it to my computer...so when I go to Sprint tomorrow or the next day, should I attempt to get upgraded to a TP2 or just get the replacement? Since I only have the repair insurance should I even try calling the *2 or whatever to go that route? Any insight on these issues?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
Re: Weird TP errors...screen, vibrate, and soft reset button, cant connect with usb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
Well recently I ran into some issues with my Sprint Touch Pro. I felt that some of my issues were with software being corrupted, but after flashing (through the SD card) I found that my phone is just messed up.

I thought this picture would help show what I'm talking about...
I figured the screen wasn't corrupted files, but I think my TP overheated and this is the result...It isn't always visible (different lighting and the angle you're viewing), it is in the shape of a perfect rectangle and somewhat resembles what gas looks like in water. I have repair service through sprint and I think that this will be fixed if I ask for it.

Another problem with this phone is the vibrator in it has stopped working, and I can't figure out why...it just won't vibrate, so I feel as if I might have to get a replacement. Another issue regarding this is that a lot of my windows sounds stopped working (my phone ring and text messaging sounds).

One more problem is the fact that I can't soft reset my phone. The little button doesn't respond anymore, even though I can feel it click. This isn't a huge problem, but it is annoying to say the least (I mean the button is there for a reason).

Lastly, I can't get my phone to connect to my computers. When all of these problems arose, I was using a Mighty Mouse 6.5 rom and I figured my problems might go away when I flashed to a stock rom. Once I figured out flashing from an SD card and got a stock rom on there only the problem with sounds went away.

So right now I have a stock TP (still unlocked) that has a weird screen issue, won't vibrate, and I can't connect it to my computer...so when I go to Sprint tomorrow or the next day, should I attempt to get upgraded to a TP2 or just get the replacement? Since I only have the repair insurance should I even try calling the *2 or whatever to go that route? Any insight on these issues?
Well if they offer you Tp2 replacement you should take it.
Also that rectangle thing that looks like liquid under your screen is called oil slick. I to have it on my Touch Pro same exact size as yours but I just ignore it and my TP still works flawlessly and months has gone by with it under my screen. There is a method to remove it just by simply taking tape and applying it on your screen than removing it repeating this process multiple times. I have not yet tried this method only because the oil slick does not bother me.

POSSIBLE Oil slick removal solution by Momojopoe
I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.

Good Luck

Last edited by I m J James; 01-27-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Weird TP errors...screen, vibrate, and soft reset button, cant connect with usb

I was wondering what this oil slick thing was as I heard it mentioned before. Thanks for the tips but I think for the purposes of getting an upgrade I don't think I'll try it out just yet. It doesn't bother me much so I'll just use it to my advantage I guess.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The oil slick thing is the digitizer becoming delaminated from the touch screen. It can continue until the touch screen is inoperative.
Same thing happened to me and was exchanged.
I would recomend you to take it in for repair/exchange.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
The oil slick thing is the digitizer becoming delaminated from the touch screen. It can continue until the touch screen is inoperative.
Same thing happened to me and was exchanged.
I would recomend you to take it in for repair/exchange.
My Aunt notice her oil slick on TP in 2008 and ignored it, long story short she still has the same exact phone right now and still 100% working.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

DON'T keep that phone with the oil slick on it. if it drops or pressure gets applied on it like girls sitting on your lap (even skinny girls lol) both happened to me the oil slick will cover the whole screen and the touch screen will not work anymore. I had it for a few months like that before it fell or got sat on and didnt work anymore.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

FYI it wont hurt to try to get it swapped for a TP2. You won't regret it, its the best phone on sprint .
Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update: went in today and they ended up just upgrading me. It's funny because I originally bought a mogul in Nov 07 and was upgraded to this TP. So now this TP is being upgraded to a TP2. Gotta love repair insurance lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
connect problem, screen, vibrate