PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera cannot be closed via "x"?

I just got my replacement TP running a new rom, and for some reason Opera doesn't stop running, and I can't close it without going through it's settings and junk. I've looked around but haven't seen a fix for it...only mentions. And for some reason my search is limited to 6 pages, so that might be the issue. Regardless, I'd appreciate help, or at least guidance to a proper thread that has previously addressed this. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Opera cannot be closed via "x"?

which version of opera are you using?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I just got my replacement TP running a new rom, and for some reason Opera doesn't stop running, and I can't close it without going through it's settings and junk. I've looked around but haven't seen a fix for it...only mentions. And for some reason my search is limited to 6 pages, so that might be the issue. Regardless, I'd appreciate help, or at least guidance to a proper thread that has previously addressed this. Thanks.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload]
“RealExit”=dword:00000001
That should make it exit when you exit out of the program. It may still start when your phone starts though. Read thread below if you want to stop opera9 from starting when you start your phone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64820
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

not to be sarcastic but seriously what about closing it in the icon on the top right at the main screen(to the right of the battery icon)? If you click it a little bar will show up that has a wrench and the %of battery usage. If you click the wrench a window will pop up then choose BUTTON on the bottom of the screen and then finally choose "End all programs by tapping X" *shrugs*

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

Weapondrift, that's my whole problem, it doesn't show up there. I'm not that dumb with this thing...heh.

Mwalt2, thanks I'll try that when I get in tonight.

Jimecm, I have no idea whatever's stock.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro