PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Year...sigh..new rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Go back and read num5kull27's post you quoted. Then read your response. How the hell does anything in your response apply to what he said? He didn't even GIVE a defense to be criticized, let alone say anything that remotely corresponds to what you wrote.

Your counterargument is a "slippery slope" fallacy. Look it up.

And for your information, I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. I regularly practice handgun accuracy at the local range. I'm not sure how anything I said indicates I would want to take away peoples phones, let alone guns.

Your irrational train of thought is hurting my brain. I hope your next post makes more sense.

There is nothing slippery slope. Lets agree to disagree as i said earlier, those who CANT, will NEVER GET IT. Its..just impossible. Its like asking the blind to imagine if they could see! They cant! they never seen before. Its..impossible.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
in your own words... "Would like a GodDamn cookie?"
Wow. Horribly misplaced attempt to ridicule me.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well i am off to bed now. Have a good night, Mr. Safety Officer!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
There is nothing slippery slope. Lets agree to disagree as i said earlier, those who CANT, will NEVER GET IT. Its..just impossible. Its like asking the blind to imagine if they could see! They cant! they never seen before. Its..impossible.
Perfect example of the slippery slope fallacy:
Quote:
there have been numerous reports where people who for whatever reason get up in the middle of the night and either shoot or use a knive and kill all the family members / residents of the house and then kill themselves....sooo by the same token, lets ban all knives and guns!

better yet, in the intrest of public "safety"... there have been reports of a famous chain car shop around here where there ahve been 3 reports of where cars after getting serviced there and left and apparently they were using a bad gun to put the lugnuts back on the tires resulting in tires falling off on the road and causing accidents!

Lets go ahead and require all drivers to check all lugnuts everytime they get in the car and make sure they are secure!
I would love to know why you CAN multitask better than others? Do you take Adderall? I do. It improves my attention span exponentially and allows me to focus on countless things. I still don't risk it.
Clearly you have some sort of secret that makes you so much better.

Quote:
Well i am off to bed now. Have a good night, Mr. Safety Officer!
Good night. If you die in an accident while doing any of the shit you mentioned, I will rub it in your face in the afterlife, wherever that may be.

Last edited by [sammich]; 01-01-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

@Titaniumgiant

Sorry Sir, but you're not very bright. Either that or you're still a teen. Maybe both? I can text/drive and feel like I won't ever cause a problem while doing it, but that doesn't mean I do or even want to do it. I'm very confident in my multi-tasking abilities, but I understand when it's appropriate and when it's not. I can also eat a full rack of ribs and a steak (with knife and fork) while driving, but I'm not going to do it.

I'm not sure why you think you're in a special class of individuals who can text and drive without any chance of something going terribly wrong. Do you think all the people who end up getting in accidents think differently than you do? No. They all think they can do it too, but they F'd up still, didn't they? Do you really think you're far superior at texting than all of them?

It only takes one little slip in a split second. It doesn't even have to be your driving, it could be the inability to react to someone elses mistake because you were busy looking away. I shouldn't have to remind you that driving is offensive and defensive. Plus, nobody is perfect, even without texting in the picture, so you're just increasing the probability of some form of accident occurring. And yes, there is always a chance of an accident when so many factors are involved.

Quit being so proud that you can text/drive and think about it for a second... you're obviously going to be a better driver with full attention on the road. If you're having to look at a phone and type, your focus is momentarily withdrawn from the road... anything can happen in those seconds. It's not like you're taking a sip of a drink. Texting is so much more involved than other things people do while driving. Just because nothing has happened to you yet, doesn't mean it won't; so saying that's the reason the law is dumb is dumb in its own right. And your comparisons with banning knives and others are terrible.

You seem to treat driving more like a video game. Sadly, you may have to learn the hard way one day, so good luck with that. And i'm glad I live far away from you, as there are enough ignorant drivers in my state. Just try not to kill anyone. Your view on the matter makes you look really selfish btw. I'm not trying to hate, just trying to be real with you. And this isn't called being high and mighty either, it's called common sense.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I dont know about you..but i have no problems doing 80 mph while punching out an email, slurping coffee and having a smoke and no..i have not killed anyone or caused an accident. Hence, this is the most pathetic excuse of a law just for the state to collect money...
you dont know how many people i have had to cut out of there wrecked car because they thought the same thing. darwin WILL get you on day. i just hope that you dont take a some innocent child or a family with you. its people like you that had made laws like this necessary. please inform your family that they should NOT morn your death because it was from your own stupidity.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ZephyrFox is a n00b

Quote:
That is truly one of most stupidest defenses i have heard...

Allow me to explain...

there have been numerous reports where people who for whatever reason get up in the middle of the night and either shoot or use a knive and kill all the family members / residents of the house and then kill themselves....sooo by the same token, lets ban all knives and guns!

better yet, in the intrest of public "safety"... there have been reports of a famous chain car shop around here where there ahve been 3 reports of where cars after getting serviced there and left and apparently they were using a bad gun to put the lugnuts back on the tires resulting in tires falling off on the road and causing accidents!

Lets go ahead and require all drivers to check all lugnuts everytime they get in the car and make sure they are secure!

lets punish everyone for the few retards out there who cant do more than one thing at a time...who are multi tasking challenged. yea! that makes a lot of sense!

I dont know about you..but i have no problems doing 80 mph while punching out an email, slurping coffee and having a smoke and no..i have not killed anyone or caused an accident. Hence, this is the most pathetic excuse of a law just for the state to collect money...

oh..btw...while doing further research...here is the loop hole! it mentions the word "TEXTING" not emailing! bingo! they are after all two different entities and cannot be used interchangebly!
You are clearly an idiot and your 'loophole' does not exist. Either that or you cannot read for shit.

ilga.gov/legislation/96/HB/PDF/09600HB0071lv.pdf
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hahaa! sigh..once again...there are those who CAN and those who CAN'T. Those who CAN'T will NEVER get it. just let it go.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait...it makes even the best look ugly.

Seriously...Let it go.

Mylt1, please feel free to inform your family that you are a fullblown RETARD!

Zephyr, Glad to see you dug up the actual paper work on it. i was basing my loop hole on the press release, but once again, what the press release that comes from them vs what it is are worlds apart, once again proving all they want is money. if u look at the actual press release, they only say "texting" none of this more detailed shit that you found. ****in pricks want just more money. ugh!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrFox View Post
You are clearly an idiot and your 'loophole' does not exist. Either that or you cannot read for shit.

ilga.gov/legislation/96/HB/PDF/09600HB0071lv.pdf

and for the record, dont be the ******* who calls someone an idiot, stupid incompetent jealous freak!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you get owned and start to call people names. nice to see your a mature member of society. and as zephyr pointed out.

Quote:
"Electronic message" means a self-contained piece of
digital communication that is designed or intended to be
transmitted between physical devices. "Electronic message"
includes, but is not limited to electronic mail, a text
message, an instant message
, or a command or request to access
an Internet site.
(b) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a roadway
while using an electronic communication device to compose,
send, or read an electronic message.
you have NO loophole. so tell us again just how great you are. keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you will believe it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro