PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 05:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation New Year...sigh..new rules

well with the new year upon us, once again new law passed now states you cant text while you drive now in illinois. it will result in a moving violation which will go on your record and counts towards your 3 in a 12month period limit.

such morons..how the hell they even gonna enforce this? unless someone is like an idiot flashing at the cop...its gonna be impossible to enforce..but yet..another law to screw over the abled bodies so pat quinn can siphon up the money for his crooked cronies

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/pr.../090806d1.html
Old 12-31-2009, 05:45 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: New Year...sigh..new rules

yup another redundant law, cuz the cops can't enforce all the ones already there.

it's called Failure to Maintain Control, or Inattentive driving, or Distracted driving. why do they have to specify txt. if anything it creates a big loophole. what if I'm just using my phone for gps. or watching a video. lol.. dumb dumb dumb.

oh yea.. I was just telling my dad the other day when we saw a cop on the phone, that the only time I see a cop NOT on the phone is when he's at my window... lol
Old 12-31-2009, 07:00 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

its happening everywhere. in missouri, its only illegal if your under 21. that makes a lot of sense, huh? u can text and drive more safely if your old enough to drink.i know 2 people who got stopped for this and got out of it by saying it was their ipods or something. around here its just a good way to stop you so they can look for more. like smell of marijuana or a bad license.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Honesly tho I agree with the rule. Ive causght myself swerving a number of times as I try to text on the TP while driving. I only wish it was illegal in the city that I live in.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

NC has that law now too. No age limit, it's just plain illegal.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

we've had this law out here in cali for awhile now. i know a few people that have gotten tickets.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

there is a guy in a city not far from here who was txting and driving and swerved into oncoming traffic,he struck a van with a family in it and a child died,so while ppl may view it as a stupid law it is smart IMO,lord knows if you were that family and it was your child you would think differently then i bet.

honestly when is a txt so important that you can't wait till you come to a redlight or your destination to reply?? also if it's so important you contact the person why not make a call that even enables you to use a great lil function known as a speakerphone so you focus on driving

Old 12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sorry, but i agree with it 100%. as a fire fighter i see people doing stupid crap every day. driving and texting is one of them. i have had to swerve several times even driving the ambulance or truck to miss someone that wasnt paying attention while they were texting. i have been to several bad accidents that were caused by not only texting but phone calls as well. if your behind the wheel you should be doing one thing. DRIVING. not putting on makeup, trying to read the morning paper, texting, or trying to set up a conference call with work.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Yeah... but this is a good law, and should be enforced... I mean even more so the the talking while driving rule... at least w/ talking you can still keep your eyes on the road... and with voice command, bluetooth, hand free tech, etc... that a pretty reasonable thing I think... but personally... until we have some definitve voice to text capabilities people shouldnt be text while driving period. Its near impossible to keep your eyes on the road, hand on the wheel and have hand(s) text and eye(s) on the screen simultaneusly... which is why theres been so many text related accidents lately... I dont care how "able bodied" u r... unless ur a two brained multi limbed mutant... its not a good idea...lmao!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
there is a guy in a city not far from here who was txting and driving and swerved into oncoming traffic,he struck a van with a family in it and a child died,so while ppl may view it as a stupid law it is smart IMO,lord knows if you were that family and it was your child you would think differently then i bet.

honestly when is a txt so important that you can't wait till you come to a redlight or your destination to reply?? also if it's so important you contact the person why not make a call that even enables you to use a great lil function known as a speakerphone so you focus on driving

That is truly one of most stupidest defenses i have heard...

Allow me to explain...

there have been numerous reports where people who for whatever reason get up in the middle of the night and either shoot or use a knive and kill all the family members / residents of the house and then kill themselves....sooo by the same token, lets ban all knives and guns!

better yet, in the intrest of public "safety"... there have been reports of a famous chain car shop around here where there ahve been 3 reports of where cars after getting serviced there and left and apparently they were using a bad gun to put the lugnuts back on the tires resulting in tires falling off on the road and causing accidents!

Lets go ahead and require all drivers to check all lugnuts everytime they get in the car and make sure they are secure!

lets punish everyone for the few retards out there who cant do more than one thing at a time...who are multi tasking challenged. yea! that makes a lot of sense!

I dont know about you..but i have no problems doing 80 mph while punching out an email, slurping coffee and having a smoke and no..i have not killed anyone or caused an accident. Hence, this is the most pathetic excuse of a law just for the state to collect money...

oh..btw...while doing further research...here is the loop hole! it mentions the word "TEXTING" not emailing! bingo! they are after all two different entities and cannot be used interchangebly!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro