PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
TP2 replacement for TP

My TP is dying on me. Keyboard is hardly responsive.

Just wanted to know if Sprint would send me a TP2 to replace the TP or not? (no longer under HTC warranty)

If not then i'm just going to go ahead and use my Blackberry Tour (company phone) until my 2 yr upgrade comes around
Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Joester414 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 replacement for TP

from what i have seen and read, its all the luck of the draw, some people are getting replacement TPS and others are getting replacement TP2 depends on sprints stock and what they have i suppose
Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 PM
brushrop03

I figured as much. I dont want to pay that $100 and get a refurb'd TP. If they offered me my upgrade now that would be great, but that's not for some time so they probably won't
Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

MY TP Was over heating (when talking for about 1 min), lagging, and usb wasnt working so i called them up and they sent me a TP w/ New Battery, didnt even bother giving me the bb, snap, pre option owell atleast i got me a working phone for the next 3 months( i say 3 months because thats how long a TP life span seems to be before it starts acting up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
brushrop03

Yeah I figured it would be luck/random that they sent me a TP2. *sigh*
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
just don't accept if the rep your talking too offers you the tp,it's your choice to accept,that's what my brother did and on his 3rd call was offered the tp2,same thing i did with vzw to get mine,first few said tp refurb,i just wait 2 hrs between calls and had success,the volume of customers they deal with it's not like they keep track of your calls

Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
just don't accept if the rep your talking too offers you the tp,it's your choice to accept,that's what my brother did and on his 3rd call was offered the tp2,same thing i did with vzw to get mine,first few said tp refurb,i just wait 2 hrs between calls and had success,the volume of customers they deal with it's not like they keep track of your calls
I think they do make notations and stuff on your calls. I called a few days ago and right away he said "I saw you called yesterday, was your issue resolved"...That is with Sprint at least.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I think they do make notations and stuff on your calls. I called a few days ago and right away he said "I saw you called yesterday, was your issue resolved"...That is with Sprint at least.
big 10-4, just keep fighting the good fight, and don't get angry soldier! being nice will get you want you want. (not with carla, but maybe sprint!)
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post

when i got my tp2, the sprint rep pretty much told me it was my lucky day because most tp owners didn't get the tp2 upgrade. i didn't ask her what that meant. figured i probably had my order placed when they were in stock.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
brushrop03

Yeah they usually have it in the system of when you called and for what reason and any important notes. I may try it though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro