PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00
Thumbs up VZW replacing TP1 with TP2!

Didn't see a thread talking about VZW replacing the TP1 with the TP2 so I figured I'd let everyone in on my story. I'm on my third TP1 since December and now this one is giving me heck. The usual screen kicking out/buttons not working crap. So I called VZW to do an exchange by mail under warranty. I was talking to the rep about all the issues I've had in the past with the TP1 and he actually suggested that I should switch to a different phone. I waas like, "really?? I didn't know you could do that!" Then he told me that it was Verizon's policy to offer a different phone if you've had several replacements on the same phone. So he transferred me to tech support to get set up with the swap.

When I was on the phone with TS, they acted like they had no clue about that policy and saiid that the rep must've been new or something and didn't know what he was talking and basically called me a liar. They still offered to send me a refurb TP1 which I kindly refused. I told them that instead I was going to go through HTC's warranty to get a new phone, which I didn't.

The next day (yesterday) I called again, spoke with tech support and this time they actually offered to give me a Diamond in replacement and I told them that I needed a physical keyboard and an expandable memory slot. They again wouldn't budge and said it was either going to be the Diamond or another TP1. I again refused and said that I would try to go through HTC.

I waited a few hours and called back and spoke with another rep about my TP1 woes. I also told her that another rep had told me the policy was to offer a different phone and that tech support had offered me a Diamond but that it wasn't a comparable phone for obvious reasons. She agreed and sadd that she couldn't do anything and she had to put me on the phone with tech support to get a different phone. Before she did that I asked her if she could put everything in my notes so that when I was transferred I wouldn't have to explain myself again.

When I spoke to tech support this time, they read the notes and said, "okay, so you're needing a different phone because you keep having the same problem and you've had multiple replacements on the same phone." He then checked to see which phones I was eligible for and came back and said that it was the ERIS or the TP2. I said that I really needed a physical keyboard and windows moblie cause I use my phone for school. He said that the phone most like mine would be the TP2 but he would need his manager's approval to do the swap. About a minute later he came back on the line and said that everything was good to go and I should be receiving my TP2 on either Saturday or Monday!

So it is very possible to get a TP2 you just have to keep trying. I think the main factor in getting them to issue the replacement is getting the customer service rep to agree that you need a different phone and to have them put that in your call description notes because if you don't, tech support will act like they no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited by bullhead00; 11-21-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: ease of reading and grammar.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: VZW replacing TP1 with TP2!

decent write up. one huge paragraph is kinda hard to read FYI.. you make a mention of the "Hero" but as i recall VZW doesn't offer a hero. Are you/they referring to the Droid Eris? just tryin to clarify
Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

great article. By the way, does anyone know VZW will replace an Alltel TP for a Verizon TP2? Ive been having an issue with my back key not functioning and I rather get a TP2 than a refurb TP
Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Axim x51v
Carrier: verizon

palmmann is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
decent write up. one huge paragraph is kinda hard to read FYI.. you make a mention of the "Hero" but as i recall VZW doesn't offer a hero. Are you/they referring to the Droid Eris? just tryin to clarify
droid eris=hero like fuze=touch pro. same device.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
That's what I meant was the Eris. For some reason a different Android phone popped into my head when I was writing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
great article. By the way, does anyone know VZW will replace an Alltel TP for a Verizon TP2? Ive been having an issue with my back key not functioning and I rather get a TP2 than a refurb TP
Mine was an Alltel TP1.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im gettin my 3rd TP (refurb) on the mail tomorrow. THe CS rep said I was gettin an ALLTEL version of the TP. SO I guess they still have ALLTEL TPs in stock. BTW Im an ALLTEL customer sucked in by VZW . I hope she was right cause If i get a VZW TP Im returnin it!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have been trying to get verizon to do this for quite some time now...
Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: VZW replacing TP1 with TP2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
Didn't see a thread talking about VZW replacing the TP1 with the TP2 so I figured I'd let everyone in on my story. I'm on my third TP1 since December and now this one is giving me heck. The usual screen kicking out/buttons not working crap. So I called VZW to do an exchange by mail under warranty. I was talking to the rep about all the issues I've had in the past with the TP1 and he actually suggested that I should switch to a different phone. I waas like, "really?? I didn't know you could do that!" Then he told me that it was Verizon's policy to offer a different phone if you've had several replacements on the same phone. So he transferred me to tech support to get set up with the swap.

When I was on the phone with TS, they acted like they had no clue about that policy and saiid that the rep must've been new or something and didn't know what he was talking and basically called me a liar. They still offered to send me a refurb TP1 which I kindly refused. I told them that instead I was going to go through HTC's warranty to get a new phone, which I didn't.

The next day (yesterday) I called again, spoke with tech support and this time they actually offered to give me a Diamond in replacement and I told them that I needed a physical keyboard and an expandable memory slot. They again wouldn't budge and said it was either going to be the Diamond or another TP1. I again refused and said that I would try to go through HTC.

I waited a few hours and called back and spoke with another rep about my TP1 woes. I also told her that another rep had told me the policy was to offer a different phone and that tech support had offered me a Diamond but that it wasn't a comparable phone for obvious reasons. She agreed and sadd that she couldn't do anything and she had to put me on the phone with tech support to get a different phone. Before she did that I asked her if she could put everything in my notes so that when I was transferred I wouldn't have to explain myself again.

When I spoke to tech support this time, they read the notes and said, "okay, so you're needing a different phone because you keep having the same problem and you've had multiple replacements on the same phone." He then checked to see which phones I was eligible for and came back and said that it was the ERIS or the TP2. I said that I really needed a physical keyboard and windows moblie cause I use my phone for school. He said that the phone most like mine would be the TP2 but he would need his manager's approval to do the swap. About a minute later he came back on the line and said that everything was good to go and I should be receiving my TP2 on either Saturday or Monday!

So it is very possible to get a TP2 you just have to keep trying. I think the main factor in getting them to issue the replacement is getting the customer service rep to agree that you need a different phone and to have them put that in your call description notes because if you don't, tech support will act like they no clue what you are talking about.
Great post, thanks for sharing it with all of us! I have a similar, still developing, yet not as awesome (because I have yet to get a TP2 upgrade) story.

I was an Alltel customer, forced over to Verizon in November due to the merger, and when my original TP from Alltel became defective I emailed Tech-Support, and they replaced it (JUST received replacement today via FedEx) with a Verizon model TP (which I had no idea has less ram!!!)

So now with a lesser phone replacement, I called to express my dissatisfaction, and also the replacement phone they sent me didn't have a battery cover-plate or battery (standard procedure they said for 'like new replacements' according to them) and that they didn't have any back-plates in stock to send me (since my Alltel phone's shape was different, and I couldn't simply swap the battery covers as they assumed)

So, now I have a phone with less RAM and no battery-cover, so they say "We don't have that part stocked... YOU'LL HAVE TO CALL HTC AND ORDER ONE, AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET AND WE'LL REIMBURSE YOU NEXT MONTH ON YOUR STATEMENT." (Actual quote!)

So, I called HTC, got transferred THREE times... then got transferred to some outside satellite distributor company called Personal Device Distributor, or something like that... and got transferred TWO MORE TIMES to a girl who admitted she was eating her lunch, away from her computer, AND CARRYING ON another conversation with a co-worker in the break room... AND SHE SAID SINCE SHE WASN'T AT HER DESK SHE COULD TAKE MY INFO DOWN INCLUDING MY CREDIT CARD, on a PEN AND NAPKIN!!!

So, I ended up paying $38 PLUS shipping for a .25oz plastic piece that goes on the back of my phone, with a person who treated me like a dog, chewed her food while talking to me, and scribbled my sensitive info on a napkin - all because Verizon didn't make the necessary preparations for a merger of devices, AND TOLD ME to go use my own time and resources ($) to buy a battery cover myself (AFTER sending my a lower-level reduced RAM phone)

I emailed Verizon this entire story, and they wrote me back saying "Take it up with HTC." WHAT!?!? HTC didn't sell my the initial phone, HTC didn't force me into Verizon's service after the merger, HTC didn't mandate a reduced RAM phone, HTC didn't transfer me a combined 5 times to some rude doofus on their break, HTC didn't lack the foresight to stock simple parts for one of Verizon's best selling smart-phones....... VERIZON DID ALL OF THIS, and then TOLD ME to take it up with HTC!

I have not gone any further with this situation yet, I am exhausted and angry...

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE? Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ken52787 is a n00b

Submit your story to http://consumerist.com. It sounds like an EECB (executive email carpet bomb) could get something in motion.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken52787 View Post
Submit your story to http://consumerist.com. It sounds like an EECB (executive email carpet bomb) could get something in motion.
Hi, were you referring to my story or the OP's? Never heard of an EECB... anyway, thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro