PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to get an upgrade

Remember when your mom wanted the trash taken out and you were in the middle of playing Sonic The Hedgehog but she wouldn't leave you alone. You eventually got fed up and took the trash out just to shut her up. It's the same concept. You call retentions and don't let them off the phone until they give you an acceptable solution.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
Remember when your mom wanted the trash taken out and you were in the middle of playing Sonic The Hedgehog but she wouldn't leave you alone. You eventually got fed up and took the trash out just to shut her up. It's the same concept. You call retentions and don't let them off the phone until they give you an acceptable solution.
except we aren't playing sonic, instead this is an other thread on how to beg and annoy and pester your carrier to replace the touch pro with a tp2. maybe if we get enough threads of this on the first page we can discourage new users from the forum. how about we start a thread on how to get a free upgrade for life and those that aren't in the loop can pay for your phone?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

teamvarsity87 is a n00b

Had a friend who's has had his TP replaced five times. Went to a Repair location about 20 miles away from where we live and they guy is ordering him a TP2 as a replacement after his phone broken again. My TP just broke yesterday(screen will not turn on, second phone I have had so far), so i went to the same place. They said my screen was defective (good thing I flashed back to stock rom and locked as soon as i noticed problems with the screen). The guy initally offered me a TP2, but then after checking the stock at the warehouse told me they were out of stock and I would have to get a TP refurb, Palm Pre, or some other crappy phone. I needed a phone so I told him I guess the TP refurb(I really liked my TP) would have to be ok. Got the Refurb today, seems to be working ok. Hopefully if I have problems with this one I can get the TP2 as a replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro