PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Best way to get an upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100665)

Mur 12-08-2009 02:16 AM

Best way to get an upgrade

I just noticed that the touch pro is not discontinued and I an not worried about getting an upgrade anytime soon. I was just wonder what would be the best way to get my provider to grant me an upgrade.

I am just gathering Ideas or events from peoples past that allowed them to return theirs.

Imaginos 12-08-2009 06:15 AM

Re: Best way to get an upgrade

Obvious way is to complete any eligibility requirements you have with your carrier under your current contract.

Free upgrades though? Those are just things that happen due to shortfalls in supply for the most part. Reading the other threads here, you've no doubt found that Sprint was geing proactive in trying to rid themselves of some TP handsets; opting to replace them with other models vs continuing to support them. Your provider probably doesn't share that strategy though.

trackman 12-08-2009 01:58 PM

shit they are continuing to attempt to give me another tp. i cant wait til they get proactive with giving out them tp2's.

mwalt2 12-08-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackman (Post 1396445)
shit they are continuing to attempt to give me another tp. i cant wait til they get proactive with giving out them tp2's.

better read some more threads and purposely break your phone so you can get a newer one for free!!!

Biggzz 12-08-2009 02:10 PM

Buy one.

dschoenike 12-08-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1396484)
better read some more threads and purposely break your phone so you can get a newer one for free!!!

Interesting post. that had both good advice (1st 5 words) and the rest was horrible advice. I hope you were kidding.
dschoenike

mikejones13 12-08-2009 04:30 PM

Ok, the BEST way to get an upgrade is, fulfilling your your contract. If you are looking for a "Free Upgrade" get your phone replaced 3 times in 6 months and they should offer you a working device. Well, that's at least for sprint, don't know about Bell

BooDaddy 12-08-2009 04:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Please dont try to run a scam. The best way to get an upgrade is to do the right thing, and buy the dang phone you want. If your out of contract, then use an upgrade credit and renew. Otherwise, pay the price of the phone.

Its sad to see someone come on the forums asking for advice on how to scam their carrier to get the latest and greatest phones. If your having real and legit issues, goto the store and talk to them. If your looking for a way to scam a free phone, i dont think this board supports those types of questions.

ace741 12-08-2009 04:50 PM

I see some on ebay between 300-400. Won't have to renew contract either.

mwalt2 12-08-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1396802)
Interesting post. that had both good advice (1st 5 words) and the rest was horrible advice. I hope you were kidding.
dschoenike

Yes, I was being facetious. There's a thread here with 2000 posts on getting your TP replaced with a TP2. I've read people offering thanking all of a users post if that user will call sprint and get a tp2 out of them. They even give their account pin to strangers on an internet forum to do it.