PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Mur
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Bell

Mur is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best way to get an upgrade

I just noticed that the touch pro is not discontinued and I an not worried about getting an upgrade anytime soon. I was just wonder what would be the best way to get my provider to grant me an upgrade.

I am just gathering Ideas or events from peoples past that allowed them to return theirs.

Last edited by Mur; 12-08-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: Best way to get an upgrade

Obvious way is to complete any eligibility requirements you have with your carrier under your current contract.

Free upgrades though? Those are just things that happen due to shortfalls in supply for the most part. Reading the other threads here, you've no doubt found that Sprint was geing proactive in trying to rid themselves of some TP handsets; opting to replace them with other models vs continuing to support them. Your provider probably doesn't share that strategy though.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trackman is a n00b

shit they are continuing to attempt to give me another tp. i cant wait til they get proactive with giving out them tp2's.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
shit they are continuing to attempt to give me another tp. i cant wait til they get proactive with giving out them tp2's.
better read some more threads and purposely break your phone so you can get a newer one for free!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Buy one.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
better read some more threads and purposely break your phone so you can get a newer one for free!!!
Interesting post. that had both good advice (1st 5 words) and the rest was horrible advice. I hope you were kidding.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, the BEST way to get an upgrade is, fulfilling your your contract. If you are looking for a "Free Upgrade" get your phone replaced 3 times in 6 months and they should offer you a working device. Well, that's at least for sprint, don't know about Bell
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Please dont try to run a scam. The best way to get an upgrade is to do the right thing, and buy the dang phone you want. If your out of contract, then use an upgrade credit and renew. Otherwise, pay the price of the phone.

Its sad to see someone come on the forums asking for advice on how to scam their carrier to get the latest and greatest phones. If your having real and legit issues, goto the store and talk to them. If your looking for a way to scam a free phone, i dont think this board supports those types of questions.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

I see some on ebay between 300-400. Won't have to renew contract either.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Interesting post. that had both good advice (1st 5 words) and the rest was horrible advice. I hope you were kidding.
dschoenike
Yes, I was being facetious. There's a thread here with 2000 posts on getting your TP replaced with a TP2. I've read people offering thanking all of a users post if that user will call sprint and get a tp2 out of them. They even give their account pin to strangers on an internet forum to do it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro