PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rruelas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Holy Grail of TP2 hack-question... Wifi Networking with PS3???

I was wondering if you got it to work for you? If you didnt, let me know and i will see if i can simulate what you are trying to do and write it up

If you look closely at the ends of a normal "straight through" ethernet cable, the color of the wires match the other plug, but on a crossover ethernet cable, you will notice that 4 of the colored wires are swapped (crossed). there are 4 pairs of wires (8 wires total) but only 2 pairs (4 wires)that are important in most cases. One set is data Recieve/In (+) and (-) and data transmit/out(+) and (-). If you connected 2 or more devices through a router, then the router will swap the transmit/receive wires internally for you, if you connect two devices directly, you normally will need a crossover ethernet cable.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: My Holy Grail of TP2 hack-question... Wifi Networking with PS3???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruelas View Post
I was wondering if you got it to work for you? If you didnt, let me know and i will see if i can simulate what you are trying to do and write it up

If you look closely at the ends of a normal "straight through" ethernet cable, the color of the wires match the other plug, but on a crossover ethernet cable, you will notice that 4 of the colored wires are swapped (crossed). there are 4 pairs of wires (8 wires total) but only 2 pairs (4 wires)that are important in most cases. One set is data Recieve/In (+) and (-) and data transmit/out(+) and (-). If you connected 2 or more devices through a router, then the router will swap the transmit/receive wires internally for you, if you connect two devices directly, you normally will need a crossover ethernet cable.
I was able to use a normal Ethernet cable to share my cell phone connection through my laptop with my PS3; and have been using it successfully about a week now. The only complaint I have, is that it seems every single time I turn my PS3 off and back on, I have to go through the Internet Connection Settings again for it to successfully gain the needed IP address and connect to the web for me to sign-in to the PS3 account.

**One thing I did want to mention, is that I am having BIG ISSUES with one thing: The Firewall, evidently has to be completely turned off, for ANY of this to work. I wish there was an exception to this rule, so I wasn't left so open to attack and hacking - if there is, someone please tell me.

***LAST THING - I have been 100% unable to use the Built-In ICS through tethering on my HTC Touch Pro since day1. I have been forced to rely on selecting the USB to PC function on WM wifi Router... but the 21-day trial is almost expired. My original TP1 worked like a champ, but every time I click the "USB to PC" tethering program on my TP2, it says "END DATA CALL." (?)
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nntb View Post
on mighty rom on sprint i was able to get my ps3 to sign into the psn using just the internet sharing on my rhodiumW with mighty rom. so no issues there but thats sprint
I would LOVE to hear more about this... so you were able to sign in to your Play Station Network, and even play online, by sharing your HTC TP2's MightyROM included WiFi sharing app!?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
I was able to use a normal Ethernet cable to share my cell phone connection through my laptop with my PS3; and have been using it successfully about a week now. The only complaint I have, is that it seems every single time I turn my PS3 off and back on, I have to go through the Internet Connection Settings again for it to successfully gain the needed IP address and connect to the web for me to sign-in to the PS3 account.

**One thing I did want to mention, is that I am having BIG ISSUES with one thing: The Firewall, evidently has to be completely turned off, for ANY of this to work. I wish there was an exception to this rule, so I wasn't left so open to attack and hacking - if there is, someone please tell me.

***LAST THING - I have been 100% unable to use the Built-In ICS through tethering on my HTC Touch Pro since day1. I have been forced to rely on selecting the USB to PC function on WM wifi Router... but the 21-day trial is almost expired. My original TP1 worked like a champ, but every time I click the "USB to PC" tethering program on my TP2, it says "END DATA CALL." (?)

Just recently bought a ps3 and excited to try this!!!

Doing this tonight

can anyone recommended a fast Ethernet cable?

Thanks!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Just recently bought a ps3 and excited to try this!!!

Doing this tonight

can anyone recommended a fast Ethernet cable?

Thanks!
I just used a regular old Ethernet cable I had laying around from past service providers, and it worked like a charm. I have yet to figure out how to keep the settings from reverting and needing set back up every time I disconnect my laptop and power off my PS3 though.

Also, I now own a Droid2, and like it a lot, but just wish someone somewhere would release a WiFi sharing app with INFRASTRUCTURE MODE so it doesn't show up to consoles as an Ad-Hoc Connection!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Awesome..

Tried this this weekend and worked like a charm!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Awesome..

Tried this this weekend and worked like a charm!!
NICE! I am just going to bite the bullet and get DSL, because I can't upload videos larger than 15MB from my Droid2 without a WiFi signal from home, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

reeshmd23 is a n00b

You can tether with just phone wirelessly with froyo 2.2 tether i do it with my psp all the time. my question is if this works with android why cant someone make an app that allows it in windows mobile? i only use android to tether my psp i like windows mobile better for everything else

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2