PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 4 Life...... well at least I thought....

I am a long time HTC Touch follower..... (Devices): Touch, Touch Pro, then lastly Touch Pro 2.... Anyway I decided to try something different other then WIMMO so just went out and bought a Sprint HTC Hero..........

All I can say is wow...... this is a whole another world for me!!! I am truly in love with my HTC Hero. So if anyone is wanting to try out something new I would greatly suggest trying out Android.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Re: TP2 4 Life...... well at least I thought....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
I am a long time HTC Touch follower..... (Devices): Touch, Touch Pro, then lastly Touch Pro 2.... Anyway I decided to try something different other then WIMMO so just went out and bought a Sprint HTC Hero..........

All I can say is wow...... this is a whole another world for me!!! I am truly in love with my HTC Hero. So if anyone is wanting to try out something new I would greatly suggest trying out Android.

Great...glad your happy...better change your signature, and be sure to keep popping in now and then...I however LOVE my Juicy TP2

Seriously though...hope you enjoy your new device...they are always cool at first...its the lasting value that makes it...time will tell...ENJOY IT!

Last edited by JZ*; 11-28-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

If there was a solid Sprint Android device with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd be more apt to give Android a try.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
If there was a solid Sprint Android device with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd be more apt to give Android a try.
the samsung moment has it, it's a pretty nice phone.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

If you think the hero is nice check out a Droid some time.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

y agonna be at the game sunday burg boy? i will.....................go rAVENS

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I checked out the Droid today on the Verizon snortwork and it was nice. The keyboard is not as nice as the TP2, but performance was good and it did not get warm. My 1st TP2 was replaced this week due to getting exceedingly hot in use and when charging. The 2nd one (current one) got very hot yesterday, so today I used another battery and it did ok.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
The Moment is only running Cupcake, which means no updated Android Market, power widget, or battery usage screen.

No dice.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I tried out my palm pre I said the same thing and felt the same way. Down to the point..... I'm back after 3 months, lets see how long it takes you.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
I'm back after 3 months, lets see how long it takes you.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading that post.

My brother-in-law just bought a Droid & I played with it for a few hours last night at a family get together. That phone just doesn't really do anything for me & I'm not even sure exactly why.

I know every time I use my TP2 running Juicy's awesome ROM, I just love the thing & never want to put it down. The Droid did not give me that feeling at all.

Part of it is, the thing is so butt-ugly (it looks like it's 10 years old) that right from the get go it doesn't really excite me. Then I look at the mediocre KB (compared to the TP2) & that's a let down.

We where trying to do google searches & the browser seemed very slow for some reason & froze up a couple times but that may or may not have been the phones fault.

I use SlingMobile & Sirius on my phone daily & I don't think that stuff works in the Droid at this time although I may well be wrong about that.

When I first saw that he was using the Droid, I figured just great -I'm going to play with it & then want to buy one. That was not the case at all however. When I was done playing with it, I handed it back & now I have no desire whatever to own one (which is a big relief)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2