PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Protecting the TP2

After searching forever for the perfect way to protect my phone i finally came to a conclusion. I first started by ordering the full zagg armor, with the zagg microfiber bag. Turned out horrible. I messed it up on the install and even tripped the water indicator on the side, because of water dripping down. Fortunetly for me zagg has a 30 day return policy as i sent it back immediately. As far as the bag it fits the phone fine but is a little big, deffinetely a pain taking it out of the pocket tho. Then i ordered some cases even the htc one from best buy but didnt like the material. After bumping into a rack at the store my $40 case had a huge impression on it. Kinda cheap material. I saw a thread about the old mogul case on ebay for $10. I found it cheaper..... http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Leather-Case...item4a9bdca2b9

Got it today, like the material and fits the phone nicely. Only concern is the edges of the phone stick out a little bit but im sure it will be fine. Also does not wake the phone up like the one from best buy. As far as screen protection goes i went with clarivue. had it on my diamond, fit was perfect, install was easy, never even noticed it was there.

http://www.clarivue.com/htc-touch-pr...protector.html

You get a 2-pack with free shipping for $9.89, use this coupon for 10% off. (105191281)

Sorry for the long story, i know theres other posts and threads about cases was just hoping my story might help someone else to decide what they want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Protecting the TP2

I figure... 40.00 case, 20.00 screen protector and all that stress, is just not worth it.
I use my phone like if it was a motorola star tac. lol.
I have scratches, raspberries, dents and dings on it. When it becomes too much for me to handle, I will go through my TEP and just pay the 100 bucks for a refurb.
p.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:04 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I use a Seidio case and screen protector. $40, and still fits in my pocket.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea its funny how all the money i spent, but luckily returned, for $15 i got what i was looking for.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:25 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
yea its funny how all the money i spent, but luckily returned, for $15 i got what i was looking for.
Bummer on your water indicator. I read some post about installing screen protectors with soap water, and it suggested you cut out a small square of paper and use scotch tape to cover the water indicator before messing around. Just figured it would be something useful to share, for future situations (since everything seems to have a water sensor, phones and batteries now, what next!).
Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea lol read that after the incident. My fault. Phone is problem free and i have insurance. So if i ever have a problem with software maybe ill get lucky and sprint wont notice the 1 of 3 missing. if so asurion will be $100 richer.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

Had one of these body suits for my blackberry too. It adds 'bulk' but worth it for the bump factor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300370447450

cant really beat this deal too. get several screen protectors, and who couldn't use an extra charger?
Old 11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
yea lol read that after the incident.
Bummer... at least you're insured. I didn't take any chances when I installed my screen protector (since I'm uninsured!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepink View Post
Had one of these body suits for my blackberry too. It adds 'bulk' but worth it for the bump factor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300370447450

cant really beat this deal too. get several screen protectors, and who couldn't use an extra charger?
I have a case like that before, it makes the phone super bulky, I could barely get it in and out of my front jeans pocket. I ended up getting a Seidio case because I needed something really thin. But damn that's still a really good deal!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

JasonL is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
I use a Seidio case and screen protector. $40, and still fits in my pocket.

Same here. Love the Seidio case. Had a cheapo copy on my TP, this one is really nice
Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Verialltel

seanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good work

I agree on the Seidio Innocase. I bought the combo (case + clip). I love it. I will never shed a tear on the $50 i spent for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2