PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Lyvewire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile 3 on Sprint TP2

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to add programs as widgets in my home page so that if I swipe to the left and right screens of the main home page. (Iphone effect you can say)? I noticed the widgets only have a list of CERTAIN items you can add rather then being able to add everything.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: SPB Mobile 3 on Sprint TP2

You can add everything. Just go through each folder to look whats inside. I'm currently using the latest SPB Shell right now and utilize the G-Sensor , and it's pretty clean. It is better than TFlo3d or sense. No laggin, smooth operations. Just my own opinion.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Will SPB Shell work with a botto0m start menu?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO (but no 4G yet!)

shappy0869 is keeping up the good workshappy0869 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvewire View Post
I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to add programs as widgets in my home page so that if I swipe to the left and right screens of the main home page. (Iphone effect you can say)? I noticed the widgets only have a list of CERTAIN items you can add rather then being able to add everything.

Thanks in advance!!
Click right soft button -> Add Widget -> Shortcut -> Programs -> pick the program you want
Old 11-25-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, I too use SPB Mobile Shell on my Touch Pro 2 and can confirm that you can add anything.

What are you trying to add that you aren't able to and maybe we can help you with it?

I love Mobile Shell by the way. It's way better than Touch Flo, Sense, or whatever interface you want to compare it to.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree that MS is designed much better then TouchFlo... but I actually thought that it was laggy on my TP2 comparint to TouchFlo. I used it for a while but then switched back. Did you guys do any tweaks to make it run better?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
I agree that MS is designed much better then TouchFlo... but I actually thought that it was laggy on my TP2 comparint to TouchFlo. I used it for a while but then switched back. Did you guys do any tweaks to make it run better?

No tweaks. Just using the latest version, which now support G-sensor.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
No tweaks. Just using the latest version, which now support G-sensor.
Yup, that's the one I tried too... 3.5.1 and it seemed a bit slow to me. I will try on a new MM Rom to see if it is any faster. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

What about the battery life. Does it reduce it significantly?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
What about the battery life. Does it reduce it significantly?
All I can tell you is to download the free trial and try it out. If there is a reduced battery life, it's well worth it. I don't know if there is or not to be honest with you because I only used mine like 1 without the Mobile Shell.

The free trial is fully functional though. The only restriction is after like 14 days or something like that it asks you to register it. So try it out for a few days and you be the judge.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2