PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shotcalla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wi-Fi Router disconnecting on incoming house call

When ever i use Wi-Fi Router to browse the internet, and i receive a phone call on the house line, my internet no longer works! I try to continue to another website, but it just hangs.

Even when i do the repair feature in Windows, it doesn't work. I also tried stopping Wi-Fi Router, but the program crashes and i'm forced to soft reset if i want to reuse Wi-Fi Router.

This reminds me of the dial-up days Does anyone know a fix for this? Sorry if this question has been asked before, i tried a search!

P.S.: This happened on both Mighty and Juicy's Rom..
Old 11-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Wi-Fi Router disconnecting on incoming house call

Lemme get this straight... If your computer is connected to your phone via WiFi and your home telephone rings, your computer won't have internet anymore? I'm confused!

Our phones don't allow for you to use the internet AND be on the phone at the same time. If you're on the internet, the call will come through but you will not be able to transmit data until the call is ended.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcalla View Post
When ever i use Wi-Fi Router to browse the internet, and i receive a phone call on the house line, my internet no longer works! I try to continue to another website, but it just hangs.

Even when i do the repair feature in Windows, it doesn't work. I also tried stopping Wi-Fi Router, but the program crashes and i'm forced to soft reset if i want to reuse Wi-Fi Router.

This reminds me of the dial-up days Does anyone know a fix for this? Sorry if this question has been asked before, i tried a search!

P.S.: This happened on both Mighty and Juicy's Rom..
My guess your house phone are wireless...
They run at the same, or rather near, freq. as the wifi, and yea... they don't like each, and the cordless phone wins.
You can eliminate this issues, but it's annoying and might require you to buy new cordless phones.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Lemme get this straight... If your computer is connected to your phone via WiFi and your home telephone rings, your computer won't have internet anymore? I'm confused!

Our phones don't allow for you to use the internet AND be on the phone at the same time. If you're on the internet, the call will come through but you will not be able to transmit data until the call is ended.
That's right....strange huh? I'm not sure why it happens though; i'm totally in the dark on this one. Hopefully i'm not the only one this happens to because i'm sure i sound crazy...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Wow. I completely forgot about that. If your phones operate on the 2.4GHz frequency, it will interfere with the WiFi signal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
My guess your house phone are wireless...
They run at the same, or rather near, freq. as the wifi, and yea... they don't like each, and the cordless phone wins.
You can eliminate this issues, but it's annoying and might require you to buy new cordless phones.
Yes the house phone is cordless, and they are about 25-30 feet away from each other. I may snatch up a new cordless phone during Black Friday and see if this solves the problem
Old 11-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes the house phone is cordless, and they are about 25-30 feet away from each other. I may snatch up a new cordless phone during Black Friday and see if this solves the problem

Well wait... most cordless operates on the same freq., however some have a special feature that says it'll not (or close to not) interfer with wifi. Double check your new purchase has that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Wow. I completely forgot about that. If your phones operate on the 2.4GHz frequency, it will interfere with the WiFi signal.
It is on the 2.4GHz frequency! Thanks alot karate134 and saumaun...problem solved
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
It is on the 2.4GHz frequency! Thanks alot karate134 and saumaun...problem solved
You'll notice the same effect if you turn on the microwave anywhere near your phone. Its even worse!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
Well wait... most cordless operates on the same freq., however some have a special feature that says it'll not (or close to not) interfer with wifi. Double check your new purchase has that.
Thanks for the heads up, will do. I didn't even know the feature existed!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2