PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: What lock screen application are u using ?
Default WM 6.5 62 41.61%
PocketShield 27 18.12%
S2u2 40 26.85%
Other 20 13.42%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What Lock screen are u using on TP2 ?

There are some lockscreen apps that i came across during my search and i was wondering what people are using today and the reason being ...

There is:
*Default WM 6.5 lock screen
*PocketShield
*S2U2

So cast your vote and explain why .. is too buggy ... is too heavy?

My thoughts

i wish the slider was bigger for the default WM 6.5
PocketShield .. lack of themes and still buggy on WM 6.5.1
S2U2 .. looks great but loaded .. i mean loaded with so many options.. wish there was a light version... all that has to bog down the phone...
Old 11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor
Re: What Lock screen are u using on TP2 ?

I was a die hard S2U2 user before the TP2, but it drained the battery on my TP2. I switched to PocketShield and haven't looked back.

Dave
Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

6.5 lock with auto lock cab works fine for me!!

well no mort script!(i hate using that cuz it unstable) the cab gives u options under start>settings>system>smart lock!! u have to make sure wm6.5 new lock and suspend lock are selected

found here

also when u are in a call the lock activates so u wont have any face dialing
Attached Files
File Type: cab Smart Lock.cab (59.6 KB, 192 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 11-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Pocketshield on 6.1 stock rom works flawlessly never been more happy...
Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Ive only used S2U2....yes Ive noticed a huge battery drain, but I have a charger at work, home, and car. So if my dead is dead, it's due to my own stupidity(it happens often) Anywho, Ive never used PS, but Im perfectly happy with S2U2
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I keep seeing people complain about the battery drain on S2U2, but I don't seem to have that problem. I'm using it on CFay's 1.1 ROM, and with light to moderate usage, email set to check once an hour, weather set to auto check, and no push internet the battery is still at 80% at the end of the day.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jae.farah is a n00b

i'm using s2u2 and i notice that when i go to landscape mode it screwes up my screen. so i'm wondering is it doing the same thing to anyone else? and if it is i would like to ask if anyone whos using the pocketshield if its doing anything fuzzy like that
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae.farah View Post
i'm using s2u2 and i notice that when i go to landscape mode it screwes up my screen. so i'm wondering is it doing the same thing to anyone else? and if it is i would like to ask if anyone whos using the pocketshield if its doing anything fuzzy like that
Go to the settings on S2U2, advanced, and change the option for display mode to RAWBUFFER. That seems to solve the problem. Also make sure you have the latest version (currently 2.14)
Old 11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae.farah View Post
new versions totally fix that. 2.14 is the current. That Raw Buffer thing isnt really a fix, as opening your camera reverts it back
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
6.5 lock with auto lock cab works fine for me!!

well no mort script!(i hate using that cuz it unstable) the cab gives u options under start>settings>system>smart lock!! u have to make sure wm6.5 new lock and suspend lock are selected
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

there's some more info on smart lock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2