PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nsxnext is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cause Code: 3 when trying to send SMS msgs

Started yesterday.

If I'm roaming on Verizon I get Cause Code: 3 or 2 Message cannot be sent
If I'm on Sprint I get cost code 97

It ends up sending it but multiple times. I get the same issue on receiving them. I get the same one multiple times.

Running MightyRom Sprint_110709

Any thoughts?

Sprint has reset the SMS system on their end for me and I've done a soft reset (w/battery removal).

They want me to do a hard reset next which I really don't feel like doing.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: Cause Code: 3 when trying to send SMS msgs

OK I am glad you have this problem too. I had it a few times a year ago. The only thing that would fix it was to have your phone deactivated and reactivated. It is something with your profile getting fd up. Am I correct to assume that you are getting that message while roaming and not in actual sprint coverage. You can call and call and they will not help you. I *****ed for probably two months until they sent a tech out to test the verizon towers I was roaming off of and found out that my stuff was still going through 98% of the time according to the report. You can also try to update your profile through sprint.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Tha_Rappa is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tha_Rappa

I'm having this same problem as well, it only started happening recently after I flashed to MM11/17, I'm not sure it's the ROM, but I will test a few more next week to see what's going on.

This only happens when my phone roams while I'm in the office, as soon as I leave and go back into Sprint coverage, I have no problems. This is somewhat of an issue for me because I spend a lot of time in the office during the day and having messages fail to send, or send multiple times really isn't cutting it.

I've updated my PRL manually, hard reset, soft reset, and tried installing an older "carrier" cab instead of the new one built into the new MM Rom.

Anyways, it's Friday, so over the weekend I'll flash a few roms, bring a new one in on Monday and try to remember to report back.

(I do like the new MM rom, it's been stable and fast, but the SMS thing is a dealbreaker. Hopefully it'll just be a service issue.)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nsxnext is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rappa View Post
I'm having this same problem as well, it only started happening recently after I flashed to MM11/17, I'm not sure it's the ROM, but I will test a few more next week to see what's going on.

This only happens when my phone roams while I'm in the office, as soon as I leave and go back into Sprint coverage, I have no problems. This is somewhat of an issue for me because I spend a lot of time in the office during the day and having messages fail to send, or send multiple times really isn't cutting it.

I've updated my PRL manually, hard reset, soft reset, and tried installing an older "carrier" cab instead of the new one built into the new MM Rom.

Anyways, it's Friday, so over the weekend I'll flash a few roms, bring a new one in on Monday and try to remember to report back.

(I do like the new MM rom, it's been stable and fast, but the SMS thing is a dealbreaker. Hopefully it'll just be a service issue.)

That's exactly my situation 100%. Should this be posted in the MightyRom thread? Seems like it's a pretty big issue.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It is a network issue not a rom issue. You can hard, soft, flash all you want and it wont fix it. I would bet you $5 that if you had an old sprint phone lying around and you activated that, and then back to your current phone your problem would go away.........

when you activate a new phone it resets your profile.....thats the problem it gets jacked up. I spent 6 months studying this fing issue to the point I went through phones and everything. The only thing that fixed it was an update to my profile.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker

Tha_Rappa is a n00b

Why would this just suddenly happen though? I'm not doubting your studies or logic, I just don't understand how this could happen from a simple ROM upgrade. I've been in the same spot in my office for over a year, and in that time I've gone through a Mogul, with multiple ROM's, a TouchPro1 with multiple ROM's, and now a TouchPro2 for about a month with various ROM's over the weeks and this just started happening.

Why would my phone randomly have a network issue now? It looks and feels like a network error, but given the surrounding cirrcumstances maybe I just don't want to believe it.

Outside of activating an old phone, how would I update my profile?

Last edited by Tha_Rappa; 11-21-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added question
Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

You are asking the same questions I did at the time. Its happening to me right now as a matter of fact. It comes and goes. What I think happens and triggers it is if your phone tries to accept a message from the tower the same time as you get a phone call. Has to be during communication with the tower. This creates a "clog" at the tower and the only way to fix it is to reset the system that sets up communication with your phone. You phone does not set up any communications you do that manually when your phone is activated called a "profile" if you switch profiles it will fix the problem.

I have been through every level of tech support, and had phones replaced multiple times. I had hard reset, soft reset, changed roms. Everything I could possibly think of and nothing worked.

Sprint would go to the end of the world for you if it was happening on thier service but unfortunantly it is happening while roaming occurs. They do not and will not support it and pretty much tell you to go f yourself. I talked to probably 15 techs before I found one or two nice ones that were bored and intrigued about the issue and got me a few answers I was looking for.

They pretty much tell you sorry its roaming we can't check that network, but what you can do is buy an airwave system since you are having issues.... the only reason I am still with sprint is because I do cpu repairs and sometimes need to download drivers and software thru tethering and I'm not paying $30/month for plain internet on my cell phone when I can get it from sprint for $15
Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rappa View Post
Why would this just suddenly happen though? I'm not doubting your studies or logic, I just don't understand how this could happen from a simple ROM upgrade. I've been in the same spot in my office for over a year, and in that time I've gone through a Mogul, with multiple ROM's, a TouchPro1 with multiple ROM's, and now a TouchPro2 for about a month with various ROM's over the weeks and this just started happening.

Why would my phone randomly have a network issue now? It looks and feels like a network error, but given the surrounding cirrcumstances maybe I just don't want to believe it.

Outside of activating an old phone, how would I update my profile?
and sorry I got to ranting and didn't answer your question.

One....its a coincidence that you did a rom update and this started happening. If you go to sprints own forum you will find tons of people complaining since November.

Two ....call tech support and tell them you would like to try to reset your customer profile. Or you can activate an old phone and then reactivate your new phone.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker

Tha_Rappa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post

One....its a coincidence that you did a rom update and this started happening. If you go to sprints own forum you will find tons of people complaining since November.

Two ....call tech support and tell them you would like to try to reset your customer profile. Or you can activate an old phone and then reactivate your new phone.
Thanks man, seems you've done far more research than I have and it's probably just a coincidence. Either way, for self-sufficing purposes I'll flash some ROM's this week and report back.

Thanks for all your input, maybe the OP has some further updates?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post

This is true and it also solves issue with data not working on an upgraded phone. I spent 7 days fighting with techs and everyone else ends up all was needed was to delete start fresh.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2