PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: How to get a FREE Navigator for your Touch Pro2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
lol he just taught people how to use bing.

I wonder if I could get some thanks out of showing people how to look up restaurants
it is a trick in bing that a lot of people dont know you dont have to be rude
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith79 View Post
If you want something that is Text to Speech, you have to pay, IGO8, Navigon and others like those that has TTS support! As for amaze gps, its good, but, uses your data plan! IGO8 and others I marked above are standalone, meaning, if you put your phone into airplane mode, the GPS will still work! If you want to check it out go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88692
I've been using IGO8 since I had my HTC Vogue!
I am curious why the SPRINT people don't use SPRINT NAVIGATION which is FREE and KILLS the 2D to text to speech Gmaps, BING, and any other GPS you have to pay for. Its 3D, talking lady, reroutes, etc. It just seemed interesting that SPRINT users were using Bing and GMaps over the free 3D text to speech app.

Also, Bing was doing the WEAK GPS thing back on the Mogul when it was called Live Search.

This is all IMHO.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well for me the Sprint Navigator is not included in my plan. I pay $2.50 for unlimited internet (not a sero plan) and navigation is another $5/$10 per month.

I used to use Live Search for traffic but Google is 10x better because it shows more side streets. I don't really need a "navigation" unit, just something to tell me where there's less traffic
Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
I am curious why the SPRINT people don't use SPRINT NAVIGATION which is FREE and KILLS the 2D to text to speech Gmaps, BING, and any other GPS you have to pay for. Its 3D, talking lady, reroutes, etc. It just seemed interesting that SPRINT users were using Bing and GMaps over the free 3D text to speech app.

Also, Bing was doing the WEAK GPS thing back on the Mogul when it was called Live Search.

This is all IMHO.
maybe because its ummmmmm not free? not for everyone atleast. people with special/custom/subsidized plans like myself dont have it included
Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: How to get a FREE Navigator for your Touch Pro2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoheb318 View Post
Well for me the Sprint Navigator is not included in my plan. I pay $2.50 for unlimited internet (not a sero plan) and navigation is another $5/$10 per month.

I used to use Live Search for traffic but Google is 10x better because it shows more side streets. I don't really need a "navigation" unit, just something to tell me where there's less traffic
Got you...Thanks for the input...you learn something new everyday.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
maybe because its ummmmmm not free? not for everyone atleast. people with special/custom/subsidized plans like myself dont have it included
I see...I see... Thanks for the input.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
it is a trick in bing that a lot of people dont know you dont have to be rude
Sensitive a bit? That wasn't rudeness. Get over it.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post

This is all IMHO.
I'm using Sprint Navigation because I have Sprint. But make no mistake about it, on a GSM phone Bing is FAR better than Sprint Navigation for everything other than turn by turn navigation. Movie times and prices, restaurants, gas prices, etc- Bing is the best there is for it on a GSM phone.

Why a GSM phone and not CDMA? Because on a GSM phone it has your location instantly. You tap the icon, and by the time the app opens up it already has your location. There is no waiting for a GPS lock, or telling it to use GPS or any opf that nonsense (although you can certainly do that too if you want, but not sure why anyone would). It just knows where you are and you can search for your stuff right then.

Combine Bing with Tom Tom and you have a winner (on GSM). Hopefully they fix the CDMA issues...
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have a family data plan... For 2 phones I pay 100 bucks.
Unlimited EVERYTHING except for land line minutes... we share 1500. And family locator which I don't use.
I can find anything and get anywhere with telenav. I have never had any issues with it. I have tried bing and google maps... They are both still on my phone. I never use them. Telenav is my 411 and my navigator.
p.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

AmazeGPS is still free... BUt the shiznit will be: Google official navigator(not the hack one that sucks imho) that is coming soon for WM(already out for droid) and will be free as well. It has most complete package of features that are not found on any current GPS. It will come with TTS, turn by turn, Traffic, Search by (natural)Voice with google assist(like say go to nearest movie theater with closest Titanic start time), Sattelite View and Street view(photo quality same as on GM) and others, will pwn all other GPS soft/PNA's free and paid!!! Most exciting GPS soft and i have GarminXT, TomTom(PNA and PDA), iGO8, AmazeGPS, Waze and build in MB one(will most likely unistall/turn off all once GN is out for WM and stable enough)!
http://www.google.com/navigation

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 11-17-2009 at 07:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bing, free, gps, navigation, touch pro 2