PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cnygaard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Vibration Duration

I did a few searches, but the registry keys I was coming up with (the one in HKEY USER/ControlPanels/Sounds/SMS) aren't showing for me in PHM RegEdit on the TP2. Is there anyway to change how long the vibration duration is for new SMS messages (i am using the sound and vibrate option) on the TP2? I am running the MightyRom RhodiumW edition currently. Thanks for your help and sorry if this has been discussed before. My post count makes me look like a noob but i read this site regularly. not one of "those guys" haha
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cnygaard is a n00b
Re: SMS Vibration Duration

bump... anyone got anything to help me out?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygaard View Post
bump... anyone got anything to help me out?
Sorry man, I posted this question a few weeks ago and never got a response either. I will tell you I flashed Energy Rom and the vibration is shorter (was ridiculously long before)

I tried adding a Script key to the SMS registry settings but it didn't change anything
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cnygaard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
Sorry man, I posted this question a few weeks ago and never got a response either. I will tell you I flashed Energy Rom and the vibration is shorter (was ridiculously long before)

I tried adding a Script key to the SMS registry settings but it didn't change anything
Unfortunate. Hopefully someone can come up with some sort of solution soon. I can't stand how long after the ringtone the phone keeps vibrating. Maybe NRGZ can tell us how he made it shorter in his ROM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I am searching for the regedit to make the TP2's vibration softer. Its currently as loud as a ringer!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygaard View Post
I did a few searches, but the registry keys I was coming up with (the one in HKEY USER/ControlPanels/Sounds/SMS) aren't showing for me in PHM RegEdit on the TP2. Is there anyway to change how long the vibration duration is for new SMS messages (i am using the sound and vibrate option) on the TP2? I am running the MightyRom RhodiumW edition currently. Thanks for your help and sorry if this has been discussed before. My post count makes me look like a noob but i read this site regularly. not one of "those guys" haha
You can try these, I use VAlert and really like it.

Attachment 48157

Attachment 48158

TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB

Last edited by Pegasus"143"; 11-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
You can try these, I use VAlert and really like it.

Attachment 48157

Attachment 48158

Attachment 48159
what is VAlert ?? explanation please before i install

thansk
Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO Swift

Bradleyj44 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Bradleyj44

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post

thansk
yes please i second that
Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I tried one of these programs a few weeks ago (I think it was VAlert but I'm not sure now)

I was trying to shorten up the vibration on an incoming call as my phone continues to vibrate so loud & long that the person calling me can hear it when I answer the call.

The program worked fine to adkust the vib length, but it interferred with the VolDpad program for some reason. I tried installing it three times (& did an SPB restore in between), but each time I got an error from VolDpad on restart & it stopped working.

I NEED VolDpad to work (although I suppose I could do the same thing with the Rhodium KB remapper/driver), I use it daily so I finally gave up.

~John
Old 11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post

thansk
valert changes your vibration length to whatever you want but I liike the default script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I tried one of these programs a few weeks ago (I think it was VAlert but I'm not sure now)

I was trying to shorten up the vibration on an incoming call as my phone continues to vibrate so loud & long that the person calling me can hear it when I answer the call.

The program worked fine to adkust the vib length, but it interferred with the VolDpad program for some reason. I tried installing it three times (& did an SPB restore in between), but each time I got an error from VolDpad on restart & it stopped working.

I NEED VolDpad to work (although I suppose I could do the same thing with the Rhodium KB remapper/driver), I use it daily so I finally gave up.

~John
I have it installed with MMs latest and no vol prob. the vol prob I had was because of tskbar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2