PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
cannot answer calls! help!

Good afternoon geektown and others alike....

well geektown i have a problem over.!

when a call comes thru i cannot pick it up neither using the touch slider or the send key, before the issue was mild but now is terrible, everytime i get a call and i press both slider or send button nothing happen and it really pissing me off big time...

pliz help a fellow geek....

much help is appreciated

sorry if this question had been ask and answered...
Old 10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Re: cannot answer calls! help!

Can you list some of the tweaks/changes/cabs installed? I would just do a hard reset since it's pretty crippling to not get calls, though if you list some of the tweaks you've done, I'm sure something will stand out as a suspect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Hard reset, don't trouble soot an issue like this its useless. you need to start over fresh.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
Can you list some of the tweaks/changes/cabs installed? I would just do a hard reset since it's pretty crippling to not get calls, though if you list some of the tweaks you've done, I'm sure something will stand out as a suspect.
i did a hard reset and no luck....

i have those free app from windows market place, goodthingsforlife tweaks, skyfire, opera and some spb apps like finance and shell 3.5....
Old 10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Hard reset, don't trouble soot an issue like this its useless. you need to start over fresh.
i just installed goodthingsforlife to see if that help...

but i did a hardreset and no luck...

i need to get this fix cuz sometimes i get call from 1-800 number and doesnt pick up the call.... then to go thru to see who call me is a pain in the a$$
Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Are you sure the hard reset worked? Did you use "clear storage" in Settings>System for the reset? If your phone is reset to the original stock ROM and this is still happening, a faulty "Send" button is suspect. Though there's no excuse for the slider to be not working unless your screen alignment is out of whack.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Are you sure the hard reset worked? Did you use "clear storage" in Settings>System for the reset? If your phone is reset to the original stock ROM and this is still happening, a faulty "Send" button is suspect. Though there's no excuse for the slider to be not working unless your screen alignment is out of whack.
yup i did use clear storage, sometime to get the call go thru i have to press the send key a lil hard, but that sometimes....

i'm just waiting for an update either from sprint or the unlocker to see if that help....

i just dont wanna send the phone to sprint....
Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
yup i did use clear storage, sometime to get the call go thru i have to press the send key a lil hard, but that sometimes....

i'm just waiting for an update either from sprint or the unlocker to see if that help....

i just dont wanna send the phone to sprint....
Having to press certain keys hard is a common problem on TP2. A lot of people have mentioned this on PPCgeeks. My "5" key seems to have the issue. I actually remapped the send key, so I always use the slider to answer. Sometimes it doesn't register, even if the button does slide a bit. Sounds like you might need practice with the slider. Try pressing firmer when sliding. That's what I figured out through trial and error.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Having to press certain keys hard is a common problem on TP2. A lot of people have mentioned this on PPCgeeks. My "5" key seems to have the issue. I actually remapped the send key, so I always use the slider to answer. Sometimes it doesn't register, even if the button does slide a bit. Sounds like you might need practice with the slider. Try pressing firmer when sliding. That's what I figured out through trial and error.
i there a way to use another buttom instead of the send key to pick up the call by using a tweak or registry tweak?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
i there a way to use another buttom instead of the send key to pick up the call by using a tweak or registry tweak?
This is possible using Rhodium Keyboard control CDMA. This allows you to program up to 3 functions per key (click, double-click, and long press). Highly recommended.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2