PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jathomas0910 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I was just curious...whats involved with unlocking the cdma touch pro2...i wanted to see if its something I could teach myself or could someone directs me to a site...i hope I am not coming bad cause I don't mean to. just curious if this something I can learn...after reading about the licensing server it scared me because I go through so many phones and flash every new rom that comes out... and it seems that I won't be able to do that anymore if the unlocker is even released

Thanks, and I am not complaining at please people don't start snapping on me..lol
Old 10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: cdma unlocker....dont be mad at me

snap snap snap
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
snap snap snap
What he said......
Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DragonNote is a n00b

Yeah, what they said. Lets all be dix.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
snap snap snap
What he said......
what both of them said!!! besides i have asked the same question and no one had enoght insite to help point me in the right direction

Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when someone complains about unlocker not being released people say "oh wait or find out how to do it yourself" now someone comes in saying can you point in right direction were i can learn and you guys give useless "snap" comments smh...if i knew dude i would help.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Over at XDA-Developers.com, there are a bunch of resources that should point you into the direction you need.

XDA is a great resource for things like thi.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
when someone complains about unlocker not being released people say "oh wait or find out how to do it yourself" now someone comes in saying can you point in right direction were i can learn and you guys give useless "snap" comments smh...if i knew dude i would help.
Agreed he doesn't care about the release date he just wants some help if anyone is willing to give it. Isn't this the point of the website!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It should be as simple as once the phone is unlocked, you can flash whatever roms you want.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If your really interested, you'd have to start off by learning how to unpack the spl from the original stock ship rom.

From there, you'd need to hook it upto a common disassembler/debugger (google ida pro dissassmebler). But, before you do this you better know what 0-F is, as your going to be dealing with alot of hex numbers which translate to whats known as assembly code.

From there, it's pretty much working through the assembly code, jumping over code, adding pointers to jump over code that checks networks etc... the issue is this is alot of numbers that these guys already have been through. It is alot of work reverse engineering and it's not for the faint hearted or "I took a programming class in college". This is for the people who hack stuff up as this stuff isnt taught in college, it's all self taught.

There's alot more tools out there that can help, but when it comes down to it, you've gotta know your ASM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2