PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

justinm0424 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorcycle Mount?

I'm looking for a motorcycle mount for my phone. I have an R6 and would love to be able to have my phone somewhere under my windscreen so I can use it as gps. I've seen some of those universal build it yourself mounts that are all crazy but was wondering if anyone else mounted their tp2 to their bike and what mount they used and if they have any pics?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Motorcycle Mount?

Whats the point, your in Ohio, its gonna snow soon and you probably won't be riding. By the time summer comes, a new super phone comes out and you'll probably switch to that. Repeat cycle.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work

I recently ordered a regular suction cup mount I'm going to try putting on my speedo, got that idea from a friend. I don't have a windscreen though so I'm going to do test runs with my old cellphone and some loose-ish zip ties.

I've heard good thing about RAM mounts if you have a good central nut, their bar mounts get good results too.

I'm in Ohio as well, so pay no attention to the naysayers that ride all year round, we'll take what we can!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I saw this one from a bicycle mount. I wonder if you can make it work on the motorcycle.
Let me know if you find something better. I too ride and it would be nice to have something. What I do now is put it in my pocket and turn on tomtom. I let the voice tell me where I should be going. (perhaps its safer to do this then mounting.)
http://www.valuemax.co.uk/product_details.php?id=16173
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

telsea is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
I'm in Ohio as well, so pay no attention to the naysayers that ride all year round, we'll take what we can!
Exactly! I'm in Ohio also.

And I actually work near Dublin..lol.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

ksawatsky is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Nothing beats a RAM mount with a ProClip USA device-specific holder. The non-powered one is out for the TP2 and the powered one (which you'll want for use as GPS) will arrive shortly. You cane see pics of mine (with my Mogul) at www.kevinsawatsky.com/voyager (scroll down). I also have a RAM Aqua Box (Medium size) which I use for wet riding conditions. It fits the TP2 perfectly, even with a little padding to protect the phone from scratches.

Last edited by ksawatsky; 10-26-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: add info...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

I just throw the phone in my pocket and use headphones to listen to the directions with Garmin XT. Since I'm wearing the headphones anyway for music, works pretty well actually. You can make the lady talk just over the music so you can hear her.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

I ride also but is there any way you can see the gps map on a bike? I mean it's really too small isn't it? Certainly can't hear it???

Whenever I've thought about using the cell phone for gps on a bike assumed the best thing to do would have a blue tooth receiver in the helmet and get directions that way...

but using ear plugs is an issue there also... Seems like a regular gps is the best (and cheapest) way to go?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Be very careful when getting a motorcycle mount. I had my HTC Apache (XV6700) in a locking clamp car mount that I retrofitted under the windscreen of my ZX-636, and that thing was solid. I installed it to the fairing stay where the mirror bolts on (I couldn't find any pics). Anyways, I was on the freeway overpass just riding (no wheelies), and I look down and my phone was gone. I was pretty upset, I even went back and walked the overpass to find nothing. Att he time I didn't have insurance, and the Titan (XV6800) just came out, so I got that. But just a heads up, I tested it, pulled a bit on the phone to see how locked in it was, but it still came out.

Here is a pic of a mount similar to the on I used. The on I had locked in place, and had a release button.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

ksawatsky is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsItLies View Post
I ride also but is there any way you can see the gps map on a bike? I mean it's really too small isn't it?
The screen is plenty large enough to see on the bike. The key is having the phone in a position where it is easily viewable and accessible. It works very well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2