PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint just won't budge on a 6.5 release date.

So after deciding to not give a crap about the unlocker and just wait for the official 6.5 release, I concocted (sp?) a support request to try to get info....it didn't go so well. And knowing all the effort Sprint is putting into customer retention I was really suprised at their response.

Can't blame me for giving it a shot...

----ORIGINAL SUPPORT REQUEST----
Original Message Follows:
------------------------
================================================== ======================
Name: [omitted}
Form: Ask A Question Learn OR Feedback and Suggestions - Learn
Topic: Equipment
Contact Number: [omitted]
Original Question: What is the release date for the Touch Pro2's Windows Mobile 6.5 update?
Question: I bought the new Touch Pro2 about 3 weeks ago. I bought it knowing that the Windows Mobile 6.5 update was coming. According to the store I bought it at it was only a couple of weeks away. Well, now I'm approaching the end of my 30-day return period and no 6.5. I'm not interested in keeping this phone, or my Sprint service for that matter, if I don't have 6.5 by the end of the initial 30-days. I can just go to Verizon...they have the phone for $199 and it already has Windows Mobile 6.5.

Here's what the responded with:

------SPRINT'S OFFICIAL RESPONSE----------

Dear [omitted],

Thank you for contacting Sprint to return the phone.

I understand that you want to update your HTC Touch pro 2 phone to windows 6.5. as of now we do not have any update about window 6.5 and I understand that you do not want to keep your current phone without window 6.5.

The Touch pro 2 phone was activated on the line [xxx-xxx-xxxx] on October 13, 2009. So, the phone comes under 30 days return policy. The Sprint 30-Day Risk-Free Guarantee allows you to return a like-new phone to a Sprint store or by mail. Phones purchased at other retailers, such as Radio Shack, can be returned to that store.

Please call Order Support team to return the handset. You can call them at (866) 789-8292. Alternatively, please visit the nearest Sprint-owned Retail store. While at the store, the following items will need to be
presented:

- The like new device in the original box with all components and materials.
- A photocopy of the original packing slip.
- A state issued photo ID or driver's license.
- The purchasing credit card (if applicable). Please note that only the person whose name appears on the purchasing credit card can return the item to the store.

For your convenience, you may also return or exchange your device by mail. Please call 866-789-8292 to initiate the return process during:

Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 11 PM EST

You will be asked to provide your e-mail address and account number to the representative who will send you the required forms and instructions by e-mail. Package the like new device in the original box with all components and materials and include a photocopy of the original packing slip. Returns made by mail will be credited when Sprint's warehouse receives your device.

You need to pay $35.00 restocking fee for the exchange phone. As you are not happy with the phone and want to exchange it so I offer you to apply the credit against the restocking fee.

Your satisfaction as a Sprint subscriber is important to us.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
Brian A.
Sprint
================================================== ====

That was pretty much a "f*$k off!".
Old 10-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Sprint just won't budge on a 6.5 release date.

I would've replied with the same thing. Completely unrealistic. Go to Verizon then.

And why is this in the Upgrades forum? You can't read subtitles?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro2 forum.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Microbus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
I would've replied with the same thing. Completely unrealistic. Go to Verizon then.

And why is this in the Upgrades forum? You can't read subtitles?
This is seriously the day for useless posts.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

i got one of their courtesy follow up calls a few days ago. they asked me how i liked the device, verified billing info and then tried to sell me the insurance plan. anyway, the rep made a point of telling me one of the cool features of the phone was that it was upgradable to 6.5. he said he was told it would come by the end of october, but since october was nearly over it might not be out until november. he was basically reading from a script so i dont think he was making this up. that doesnt mean it is true, just that at one point in time sprint had a plan to release by the end of october.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Here's a news flash for you....

The people you are talking to have no information on the 6.5 upgrade road-map for Sprint. All they can say is sorry & offer you the option to return the device.

Once the unlocker is released it will be moot. I don't understand the level of impatience on the forums.

Last edited by SolApathy; 10-25-2009 at 11:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

the response was pretty good, because if it was me, i would of told you to kick rocks.....
Old 10-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Why is Sprint so tight?

The TP2 Tilt and Pure is already loaded in WM6.5.

Whats up Sprint?

One thing I didnt like about the WM6.5 is the jagged icon that row one up and one down on the Today screen. I thought we read straight.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Do you really seriously think SPRINT makes these upgrades? Honestly look at the box and see who manufacture's the device, It is Htc, Do not blame Sprint as they only provide service not manufacture nor build Upgrades, The best they can do is tell Htc to hurry up, You should be contacting Htc, Sprint does not let employee's know of anything as far as updates until it is released. If you want that visit Htc.com/support
Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Here's a news flash for you....

The people you are talking to have no information on the 6.5 upgrade road-map for Sprint. All they can say is sorry & offer you the option to return the device.

Once the unlocker is released it will be moot. I don't understand the level of impatience on the forums.

LOL. How do you know whether or not 'they' have any information on the update?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2