PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bought new TP2 from ebay, got activated but now Sprint said it was stolen

This is my chain off event:

Got my new TP2 last night from an ebay seller with 65 + feedback and NO neg feedback. Another buyer bought from him a TP2 and he already given him a + feedback.

I got my TP2 last night and could not get it activated. I did it on the web few times and I call the REP and he said to call the owner to get it released from his account.

This AM the seller actually called me on my phone and said everything is taken care off. I went to the Sprint website and I got it transfer to my new TP2. No problem and I am happy!

Now this evening a Sprint fraud dept guy called me and said the phone was stolen. He said not my fault. He just want the seller id on ebay. He left a msg when I was away and I call back and I guess maybe he will call me tomorrow.

1. I am really giving this seller a doubt. I give him my # because I want it to get fix right away and I got his phone number too. I mean why would he call me with his own number if he know it was stolen?

2. Is anything going to happen to my new phone?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bought new TP2 from ebay, got activated but now Sprint said it was stolen

considering how many different types of fraud it would consist of to sell a stolen phone and ship it i doubt he would give his real number to you if he indeed knew it was stolen. though you never know
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Cant Sprint de-activate my new phone now or down the road?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was wondering if something like this was going to happen to you... I've seen you post a few times asking questions about buying one off ebay. Sorry to hear you had this outcome.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dont see how they activated it in first place.I think you will be able to keep your phone with no problems depending on rep and what happens with the guy who sold stolen phone.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
12stringchap

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I wonder if it was his (the sellers) and he claimed it stolen.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea sorry for outcome i mainly use craigslist and call when have the phone in hand.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

yea hopefully you can keep it and they wont deactivate it. sounds like they aren't going to though
Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

theres two things u can do the first one is illegal(and we dont talk about that here)!! and two u could sell it to someone on verizon,tmoblie,at&t telling them the esn is bad on sprint! at least u get ur money back! sorry for what u have gone threw but u got to keep moving!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Sounds like the seller claimed it lost/stolen. Sprint told you to call the owner, which was obviously the seller. So, it was no longer stolen, but lost, found, then sold. If anything, the seller will have to return the replacement phone or pay for the one s/he sold to you. You will be fine, your phone is your phone now. And Sprint wants your money, so no worries.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2