PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Question TP2 Not charging to 100% . . . Anyone else?

Okay, I'm seeing a couple of issues.

1.) When charge my TP2 in Sleep Mode, it will eventually get to 100%. BUT, it appears that the charging stops (as it should) and then begins using the battery without ever kicking back in.
  • EXAMPLE: Phone reaches 100% @ 4:30am. I wake @ 6:00am, look at phone and is reads 100% UNTIL I unplug it. Then it immediatley drops 5-7%. Power settings tab shows device usage & stand-by time equaling 90 minutes: the amount of time from 100% charge to unplugging.
2.) When I charge my phone in Off Mode it NEVER fully charges to 100%. And it never resets the Power Information tab info. It would seem to me that when it's completely off 7 not checking emails, etc, that it would charge fully and much quicker. Not the case with mine.

I am running the most recent versions of NueBattery2 & NuePower/Backlight. Tried a hard reset & restored my data. Same issue.

Lastly, it happens with both the Standard VZW battery and the Extended VZW battery, fyi.

Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 Not charging to 100% . . . Anyone else?

I would say hardreset, WITHOUT installing your BACKUP you made. Maybe its something you installed. Either way that sux. Just hardreset and ONLY INSTALL YOUR contacts and if you setup email set it back up. Then run it for a day or so with nothing installed and see if that works.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

mine is bone stock with respect to the battery (no special driver cabs). when the phone is OFF it does charge considerably quicker, but never reaches 100%. i have to turn the phone on then let it sit plugged in another 10-15 before it hits 100. i found that to be kinda odd too. but i think it has to do with the charging info reseting and such.

however i do not experience the immediate drop. i have read that with those 1% drivers the high numbers, like around 95-100 are inaccurate. therefore it may just be showing that it has dropped, but in reality it has not.

i feel the stock drivers, despite the 10% resolution, are accurate throughout the whole range, which i like. not sure if you need to hard reset anything, hope you haven't already, as mine is stock and i get the same "issue" if you can call it that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

you need to let the battery completely die. (not just 10%) then fully charge.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The NueBattery driver isnt perfect. It does give you a longer battery life, but it isnt always accurate when it reads the percentage left.

Also, the TP2 has a feature that it stops charging the battery when it gets close to 100. After that it trickle charges. You might lose 1-2% in battery power, but it preserves the integretiy of the battery. So in the long run, the battery is in the same condition as it is in now.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

I'm noticing the same thing - the led shows green but the minute I unplug it then it drops down to about 93-94%. I really like the percentage but I'm not sure if this is accurate and I may install the program and just run the stock drivers instead.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post

Thats what I thought, OP needs to recalibrate the battery. That is always the first thing I do on my new phones/laptops. And I also do it about once every 2 weeks.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
never completely drain a lithium ion battery... you'll do more damage than good. lithium batteries have no memory effect, so trying to condition them is useless, and unnecessary.

Last edited by correct; 10-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
never completely drain a lithium ion battery... you'll do more damage than good.

1st generation maybe, but the ones in any cell phone for the last ~5 years, need calibrated from empty.

(granted if you hooked up a led or small motor directly to the battery contacts and ran it to 0volt, then you would have problems) the phone will only drain to a certain level, beyond that the pwr-good signal is invalid.

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:

1st generation maybe, but the ones in any cell phone for the last ~5 years, need calibrated from empty.

(granted if you hooked up a led or small motor directly to the battery contacts and ran it to 0volt, then you would have problems) the phone will only drain to a certain level, beyond that the pwr-good signal is invalid.
like i said, lithium batteries have zero memory effect, so conditioning a lithium ion battery is useless. conditioning a battery is an old school method used on ni-cad batteries to avoid creating a memory effect, thus lowering the battery capacity. i know it's hard, but you gotta shake them old habits.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2