PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WinMo Dialer & Proximity Sensor

OK... so I have been cleaning the (expletive) out of my phone, and by disabling the HTC dialer, it also seems to disable the proximity sensor. I can verify that the sensor is enabled, but it is enabled only under registry values for HTC. (hklm/software/htc/proximity sensor) I am using S2U2, so the screen is set to turn off in a call (no issues with face dialing).

My main question is this.... does the winmo default dialer have the capabilities of utilizing the proximity sensor, or is that simply controlled via 3rd party software?

Not a major issue, but of the hardware is there... why not?

thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WinMo Dialer & Proximity Sensor

where do you disable the dialer?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started

In the registry... HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin Change the value of "Enabled" from 1 to 0. That brings back the default WinMo dialer. You also lose the proximity sensor capabilities as well. (as that is associated with the HTC software side of things) So unless you have a S2U2 type program that disables the screen during a call, it will remain active.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

master pda dude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttlycnfuzd View Post
OK... so I have been cleaning the (expletive) out of my phone, and by disabling the HTC dialer, it also seems to disable the proximity sensor. I can verify that the sensor is enabled, but it is enabled only under registry values for HTC. (hklm/software/htc/proximity sensor) I am using S2U2, so the screen is set to turn off in a call (no issues with face dialing).

My main question is this.... does the winmo default dialer have the capabilities of utilizing the proximity sensor, or is that simply controlled via 3rd party software?

Not a major issue, but of the hardware is there... why not?

thanks

This is for the HD2, but it also works for TP2/Tilt2 with the default dialer.
[APP] Proximity Sensor for Screen Off v0.2 - xda-developers
Old 11-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

so the proximity sensor doesn't work at all now ? it doesn't automatically adjust the backlight in different lighting conditions ? from my understanding , the HTC phone dialer is just a skin , it can be removed completely using a ROM kitchen , it has no control over if the proximity sensor works or not . however in the phone canvas enhancement , the HTC dialer , you had the additional options in the phone settings menu that would allow you to turn off the screen when placed near your ear .

your final question is to do that using s2u2 ? then you would have to enable the option , turn screen off during call , in the s2u2 options menu . hope that helps ! best of luck !
Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why do you need s2u2 tot urn the light off, cant you just tap the power button to turn the light off when u make a call lol
Old 11-28-2010, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
so the proximity sensor doesn't work at all now ? it doesn't automatically adjust the backlight in different lighting conditions ? from my understanding , the HTC phone dialer is just a skin , it can be removed completely using a ROM kitchen , it has no control over if the proximity sensor works or not . however in the phone canvas enhancement , the HTC dialer , you had the additional options in the phone settings menu that would allow you to turn off the screen when placed near your ear .

your final question is to do that using s2u2 ? then you would have to enable the option , turn screen off during call , in the s2u2 options menu . hope that helps ! best of luck !
Disabling or leaving out the HTC Phonecanvas does indeed disable the proximity sensor. Usually, the proximity sensor is not active unless you are in a call. Shortly after the call ends, the proximity sensor is disabled again via a registry change. You can make the registry change yourself and it will then be on all of the time and work during phone calls using any phonecanvas, but it will reset to 0 (disable) every soft reset. I'm assuming that having it enabled all of the time also drains the battery and that is why HTC only has it active during calls (via the HTC Phonecanvas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why do you need s2u2 tot urn the light off, cant you just tap the power button to turn the light off when u make a call lol
Of course you can just push a button, but apparently HTC (and every other phone with a proximity sensor) decided that it's much more convenient for it to happen on it's own. lol

Last edited by mwalt2; 11-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea im with mwalt on this. you do need the HTC dialer to use the proximity sensor, that is why no cooks leave it out when they cook roms. i use my headsets when in long engaging phone calls anyway so this is never an issue for me proximity sensor or not.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Disabling or leaving out the HTC Phonecanvas does indeed disable the proximity sensor. Usually, the proximity sensor is not active unless you are in a call. Shortly after the call ends, the proximity sensor is disabled again via a registry change. You can make the registry change yourself and it will then be on all of the time and work during phone calls using any phonecanvas, but it will reset to 0 (disable) every soft reset. I'm assuming that having it enabled all of the time also drains the battery and that is why HTC only has it active during calls (via the HTC Phonecanvas).
Hey not trying to argue with a VIP just stateing from personal experience ,,, i was using Freezas bare naked rom for a while without the phone canvas enhancement Package and the proximity sensor still worked .. for when i used s2u2 and change screen there were options like in changescreen to turn the phone of on facedown .. and an additional option "but only on no light" and that option worked fine .. and not to mention lumos worked just as fine as well . .. just stating personal experiences ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dialer, proximity sensor