PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

ddavtian is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Choppy Streaming Video

Hi all. I searched here but couldn't find an answer.
My TP2 plays youtube videos very nicely, over both evdo and wi-fi. But when I play videos streamed from my PC through orb, it's un-watchable. 70-80% of frames are dropped. I've tried it in both coreplayer and WMP, with evdo and wi-fi, the same result. I also have a TP at home, it plays the same stream without any problem, in the same location. When orb measures the connection speed, it shows good fast connection. I lower the speed there manually to lower video quality but it's the same choppy performance. Audio is fine.

Something must be wrong on TP2 but I cannot troubleshoot. Does anybody here use orb or slingbox? Do you get good video? Coreplayer plays video files from sd card without any problem, great quality. This happens only with streamed videos.

Thanks in advance,
David
Old 10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Choppy Streaming Video

My SlingMobile app works fine, although it still doesn't support the resolution correctly.

~John
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b

I am having the same issues with my orb playback. I am using wmp (asx) for the local. I have no isues on my tp1 with the same config. I have tested with both evdo and wifi both with a fresh hard reset and after loading the d3d drivers. Was going to report this here myself just had not had the time to post yet. I did stream using flash in orb (can set through the non mobile web view) and it streams fine although you can not do a true full screen thus killing the quality (Same streaming youtube uses in sorts). Was planning to reportthis on the orb forum as well after trying their test server to remove the possibliityits my servers config (although I know thisisnot the issue as my tp1 and apache work fine).

Anyone on this or have a clue to the issue before finding the time to work with orb? Their forums did not show this issue last I searched.

-saridnour
Old 10-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Same problem for me with Orb...
Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

ddavtian is just getting started

Glad it's not me only.

I tried Orb's test stream, from http://test.orb.com, the same result. Given that and fine TP performance, it's not my personal server. There must be something on TP2.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b

Everyone seing this should report this on the orb forums and see if we can get their techs help. If its correctable they would bethe best bet for now since other streams work fine.

-saridnour

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2