PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

daunove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did anybody get a crefit from Sprint for price drop?

I saw this was a hot topic on here a few days ago, but I was never able to confirm when/if/how any Sprint customers got a credit for the discounted price.

I know some ppl mentioned returning the phone if within the 30day return period and repurchasing.. does this work? Any problems with SERO?

I purchased on 9/9 so If i have to return and re-purchase to get the discounted price I will need to do it soon, although i would prefer to just get the discount price.

Has anybody gotten $$ back from Sprint on this? how?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Did anybody get a crefit from Sprint for price drop?

Search...the thread is still alive and well.

If you read it, you'll see that plenty of folks have gotten their $150 "back"

Be persistent, be consistent, and don't lose your temper (not for real at least.)

Start with normal Customer Service, and then work your way up to Account Services/Retentions/Cancellations....they're all the same thing anyhow.

Took me approx 2 weeks, a few calls, a few no's, a couple more emails, and finally I got my 150 plus tax back yesterday.

Good luck

I stand corrected...thread was closed...and so should this one.

Last edited by amw1972; 10-06-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: bad info
Old 10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

We already had a thread on this and it was closed.

Short answer is yes, SOME people got the credit by calling over and over. It worked on a case by case basis and not everyone was successful.

Sprint never officially planned or is planning a price drop for current or new customers. It was for business accounts only.

Thread needs to be closed now.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just got my credit today as a regular personal subscriber in 30 minutes of patience and talking:
$70 from regular customer care by extending my second line (wife's) for 2 years and I still keep the $150 upgrade for that line.

Was transferred to telesales, stated my case.

then

$100 off from Account Manager after stating my case

then back to telesales
$449-100(MIR)-100-70=$179 (not including tax, ship, and activation)

TP2 is in the mail.
TP1 is on the market now, I just may be lucky enough to turn a profit.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Yes. $100 off.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Please dont start this thread back up...There are 2 other large threads...Please no one state they got a credit....If that's still exciting please leave it in those threads.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
Please dont start this thread back up...There are 2 other large threads...Please no one state they got a credit....If that's still exciting please leave it in those threads.

Unfortunately those 2 threads were merged and then closed for lack of civilized discussion. If not for that thread I would not have been able to purchase the TP2 for $179 so I am pretty excited since I expected to pass on the TP2 and not pay $400-$500 and wait for the next model since the TP2 only has minor upgrades IMO over the TP1. Now I can pay $0 after I sell the TP1.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well the thread got closed.... due to someone that should remain nameless

but yes it can work but you have to try..

find the thread, it should be on page 2 or 3 not sure and read it... it can work and it has for many of us..

Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Umm dude it did not get closed due to me if you look i had no posted but some guy decided to chime in on a old post of mine to troll it and that is what closed it get facts right,.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I did....but Im an employee

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2