PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Dead TP2

My battery died on my TP2 last night so I put it on the charger and once it I put it on the charger after about 15 minutes it started rebooted itself (just to the splash screen) and the shuts off. I can't turn it on, I can get it to hard reset or soft reset. I am going to head over to the local Sprint store today, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this or may have a solution for it. Before anyone asks, it was not dropped and has no damage, it just doesn't work.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Dead TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
My battery died on my TP2 last night so I put it on the charger and once it I put it on the charger after about 15 minutes it started rebooted itself (just to the splash screen) and the shuts off. I can't turn it on, I can get it to hard reset or soft reset. I am going to head over to the local Sprint store today, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this or may have a solution for it. Before anyone asks, it was not dropped and has no damage, it just doesn't work.

Thanks
I would recommend doing a hard reset 1st. If you take it to the sprint store that is the 1st thing they are going to do. And if it works after a hard reset they will just tell you to be on your way, so to save you a trip 1st hard reset. Now if you mean you hard reset then it still won't boot up then yeah head on over there.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

apex seals is becoming a great contributor

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=20

happened to me too last night, no amount of hard/soft resetting would bring it back
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(

afripino is becoming a great contributor

here's my dead tp2....

Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Weird!!! I wonder if there is a TIME BOMB in out phones, lol. But I did notice. I have had GREAT battery life on my TP2 the last week. Well I had some stupid problem with the notification (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87909) well after hard reset. My phone acted normally, but today at work only being there for less than 2 hrs my battery lost 30%. Now I am at home and no phone calls or anything its at 40% charge???? Who, knows but my battery was getting pretty warm.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:40 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

poor tp2....
Old 09-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
here's my dead tp2....

WOW, what the H3LL happened. Did you run it over or throw it at a brick wall. Guess that TP2 lost the war and something definitally won!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
here's my dead tp2....

LOL! Wow,, nice pic. Wtf do you do?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Weird!!! I wonder if there is a TIME BOMB in out phones, lol. But I did notice. I have had GREAT battery life on my TP2 the last week. Well I had some stupid problem with the notification (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87909) well after hard reset. My phone acted normally, but today at work only being there for less than 2 hrs my battery lost 30%. Now I am at home and no phone calls or anything its at 40% charge???? Who, knows but my battery was getting pretty warm.
hard rest the thing. I have a suspicion that its something your installing like a tweak or maybe some mods. You must all remember.. this is a older gen CPU in here so the past mods and tweaks from the Pro 1 might actually do more harm than good. I would suggest everyon to stayt on stock for a while.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish

Well I just returned from the Sprint store...no joy!! They actually said call in I will get a new phone quicker.

By the way no mods on this phone as of yet, just a fluke. I guess when they were making them the guy at the end of the production line sneezed when mine passed by.LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2