PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So what's the bottom line with Flash and TP2?

I've had my VZW TP2 for about a week now, and am starting to get into my first WM device.

I'm getting used to Opera and its quirks, but need to know what the deal is with Flash, Flash Lite, etc. Is there some way to get Opera to play videos (e.g. TV episodes at the various network websites, weather radar maps which seem to use flash, etc.)?

Not having that ability really limits the usefulness of having constant web access, so I'm hoping there's some reasonable to get this functioning.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: So what's the bottom line with Flash and TP2?

Here you go try this.....http://www.skyfire.com/
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks. I thought somebody might suggest that. I've been reading experience reports with Skyfire, and it seems to be a mixed bag.

What is the general consensus in terms of bugs, quirks, problems, etc., and are they serious enough to make it not ready for prime time?

If I do try it out, I assume it can co-exist with Opera and IE that are installed on the phone out of the box, without messing with the functionality of either of those?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya it runs fine alongside Opera and IE. Each browser has different pros and cons, seems to me just for us to have the true desktop feeling you gotta use all three, lol J/K its always good to have choices.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Ya it runs fine alongside Opera and IE. Each browser has different pros and cons, seems to me just for us to have the true desktop feeling you gotta use all three, lol J/K its always good to have choices.
I agree, all 3 have their ups and downs, but for straight flash skyfire is the best. Opera is the fastest and best looking but if you need flash you need to go with skyfire.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only reason I find IE good is because it is basically compatible with everything. Opera is much faster the IE, and it has the best interfaces of all the mobile browsers. However, Skyfire is the fastest (since it uses server side rendering) and it supports full Flash 10, silverlight, AJAX, and all that other good stuff.

I would install skyfire and use Opera as my day to day browser, and skyfire for any flash related needs.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks to all. Will try it out later this week.

Let me know if there are any known issues, problems, glitches to be aware of, or steps to be taken prior to or after installing to avoid trouble.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

there was a news story saying that flash will work eventually but it fadded away.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Adobe is allegedly bringing flash to windows mobile sometime in october
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zeuswsu is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Adobe is allegedly bringing flash to windows mobile sometime in october
i hope that's true! What websites does everyone here use to watch tv shows etc.? I've tried sling.com and nbc with so-so results....quality isn't the greatest

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2