PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

quasi8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face End Key kills data all the time

I have looked all over seen some people with this problem on other phones but this is very annoying any press of the end key kills the current data connection and apparently it doesn't even matter if the screen is on. The only fix i was able to find is setting the data connection to always on which is more a work around than a fix. Hopefully I'm not the only person having this problem. I am running a sprint touch pro 2.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: End Key kills data all the time

go to setting buttons and end button and change it to something else
Old 09-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quasi8 is a n00b

it has nothing to do with the long press end key I have that set to something different already and functions fine. All you have to is tap the end key and your data connection is closed. This really sucks cause it kills my connection when using push mail.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Well, I just went through the 3 TP2's I have with me right now and none of them have that issue, and you don't really see a ton of people complaining about it..... which means that it isn't a problem with all Sprint TP2's, which, in turn, means that the problem is pretty much unique to your phone.

This leaves you with two possibilities: Software. Hardware.

Do a hard reset. If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's hardware.

If that's the case, call Sprint and have them overnight you a replacement for free. Shouldn't take more than 5-10mins on the phone with them, depending on your verbal communication skills.

Also guys... don't forget that you can get a free replacement overnighted to you INFINITY times... as long as you are still within the one year warranty period.

Last edited by fuuup; 09-27-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi8 View Post
I have looked all over seen some people with this problem on other phones but this is very annoying any press of the end key kills the current data connection and apparently it doesn't even matter if the screen is on. The only fix i was able to find is setting the data connection to always on which is more a work around than a fix. Hopefully I'm not the only person having this problem. I am running a sprint touch pro 2.

if ya have advanced config installed and your connection is set to go off in a certain time without use that may be it, It used to make my connection turn off everytime I hit the end key as well regardless of being set to a certain time.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

i think that a function in the phone...

i saw it on mine, to close something i had it to tap the end twice and i tought crap dont tell me the demons from the touch pro are coming to the tp2 but is a functionality i gues to conserve battery, if you dont want to kill the connection you could press the buttom next to the end key...

and to be honest i like it like that
i cant stop fiding more thing to this beast

my 2 cents

Last edited by rafyrod; 09-27-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quasi8 is a n00b

I was trying to avoid a hard reset but looks like thats what I'm going to have to do and see if that solves it. Hopefully they get an unlocker for this soon so its not such a pain after a soft reset to get it where I want it and some 6.5 on this would be awesome.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
Well, I just went through the 3 TP2's I have with me right now and none of them have that issue, and you don't really see a ton of people complaining about it..... which means that it isn't a problem with all Sprint TP2's, which, in turn, means that the problem is pretty much unique to your phone.

This leaves you with two possibilities: Software. Hardware.

Do a hard reset. If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's hardware.

If that's the case, call Sprint and have them overnight you a replacement for free. Shouldn't take more than 5-10mins on the phone with them, depending on your verbal communication skills.

Also guys... don't forget that you can get a free replacement overnighted to you INFINITY times... as long as you are still within the one year warranty period.
i actually just got off the phone with them and they told me that the policy changed a week ago because of people lieing about this and that blah blah and that now you have to take your phone to a replacement center before an replacement can get issued....
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXLINE View Post
i actually just got off the phone with them and they told me that the policy changed a week ago because of people lieing about this and that blah blah and that now you have to take your phone to a replacement center before an replacement can get issued....
Wow, that's just rude and extremely poor customer service. The representative refused to assist you AND implied that you are a liar... hahaha. Classic.

Yeah, they either made that up, or someone else (supervisor, co-worker) made that up and told them that. I mean for one, these phones aren't even in stores yet, how can they expect you to go to a replacement center? You're also only given 30 days to decide if you want to keep the phone and contract. If you cant replace the phone in that time to find out if the problem is present in all phones, then how are you going to decide if you want to keep the phone? Not to mention the fact that I requested another replacement yesterday... which is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

You need to take everything said by Sprint reps with a grain of salt. Half of them don't know what they're doing, and the other half... well the other half doesn't know what they're doing either. Anything you hear from them that doesn't make sense from a customer service point of view, or conflicts with LOGIC, is wrong.... and you can either try to take the time to educate that rep by having him/her speak with his supervisor (which probably works about 5-10% of the time), or you can try someone else. Either way is a gamble... personally I like to mix it up. It makes the whole *Sprint Experience* just that much more exciting.

You need to understand that the official Sprint "policy" on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING varies from rep to rep, and department to department. If you call in and speak to someone else, I'd say there's about a 99% chance that you get a different answer.

Like I said in a different post, all you need is an end goal and persistence. Someone at Sprint will make it happen for you. But at the same time, about 10 people at Sprint will try to make it NOT happen for you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2