PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

injektid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
which touch pro 2 is the best

i was wanting to get the touch pro 2 and was wondering what service provider has the best version of it.. i have the touch pro through verizon and its lackin alot from the sprint version my friend has.. i was wanting to put a custom rom on it as well so i think i need the cdma version not the gsm version right.. thanx for all the help!!

injektid
Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: which touch pro 2 is the best

All of the CDMA TP2s are nearly identical. The only differences are basically software that the carrier includes, the back cover, and the branding/color used on the phone, otherwise, they are all the same as far as I'm aware. The T-Mobile and other GSM versions don't have a 3.5mm headphone jack as far as I know, but that is about the only difference between the GSM and CDMA versions. I guess T-Mobile has made a few of the things under the battery cover of the CDMA version available without removing the battery cover. Right now, I think the HardSPL is only available for the GSM phone, so no custom ROMs are out for Verizon/Sprint/Telus, though hopefully it isn't to much longer. Basically, if you want the phone, buy it from whichever carrier you want as they are all essentially the same.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

prfktgntlmn is just getting started

Sprint.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

They are all pretty much the same. The service provider is the only difference. And if you're going to run custom roms then it really doesnt matter, just make sure you get a service that has fast internet downloads in your area, my area i just happen to love sprint.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

injektid is a n00b

ok sweet thanx.. im hearing in the area i wanna move to (phoenix) has best luck with verizon... verizon in my are now kinda sux especially at my house.. are they wouking on makin custom roms on the pro2 or the stock setup runs smoothly on its own.. i know verizon on the pro runs so slow and is limited compared to other service providers.. the reason i installed mighty rom... thanx for all the help!!

injektid
Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by injektid View Post
ok sweet thanx.. im hearing in the area i wanna move to (phoenix) has best luck with verizon... verizon in my are now kinda sux especially at my house.. are they wouking on makin custom roms on the pro2 or the stock setup runs smoothly on its own.. i know verizon on the pro runs so slow and is limited compared to other service providers.. the reason i installed mighty rom... thanx for all the help!!

injektid
custom roms cannot be created without the hspl. The hspl hasn't been created for the tp2 yet but when it is it will be posted here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78887 so follow that thread closely. The verizon tp was gimped thats why alot of custom roms worked better on the sprint tp1, but the tp2's are the same all around so the custom roms will work basically the same on the sprint or the verizon tp2.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

I believe the verizon version has the sim unlocked, and the other CDMA versions don't.. Though this difference is probably only a matter of time until we get the HSPL unlocked (which also leads to custom roms). Aside from that the differences are basically aesthetic, for CDMA. And as imnuts said earlier, the 3.5mm headphone jack isn't present on the GSM versions. There are also minor variations of layouts of the keyboard as well. Personally, I think the verizon version is the sexiest, though I'm biased.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

the best one is mine, because its mine.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
GeoffM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Really it comes down to what you use the phone for.. if your a data heavy user or casual, then it's all a matter of the best data and the plan to pay for it, I've run a lot of comparision for my agency's mobile users and Sprint won hands down their data not only was faster (in our area) but their plans are cheaper - my personal phone is sprint as well and with a wife and 2 teenage girls my Simply everything Family plan Saves me hundreds over everyother carrier - I'm not trying to be a Sprint commercial here just letting you know what my own investigations have led me to where I'm at
Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

actually they aren't all the same.. the sprint TP2 has a headset jack.. tmobile doesn't.. im sure there are more stuff, i just know the sprint phones are usually better equipped/designed vs other carriers..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2