PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your TP2 been mistaken for being an Iphone by others?
Yes, one or more times. 99 50.77%
No, not even once. 96 49.23%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How many times your TP2's been mistaken for a Iphone?

Just a simple poll to see how many times you guys have had your TP2's mistaken for an Iphone. Just a simple "yes" or "no".

I myself have had my TP2 mistakenly recognized for an Iphone about 3-4 seperate times in one month.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

Last edited by izuzu; 09-14-2009 at 10:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How many times your TP's been mistaken for a Iphone?

none here... seems like no one in the northwest cares about cool phones but me...lol
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

NEVA!! I get more respect than that....

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I should pick up iphone today with s2u and s2p it would make people think is really iphone
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work
Re: How many times your TP2's been mistaken for a Iphone?

I put my phone face to face with my coworker's iphone today, definitely deeper but otherwise same size, and verry close in weight. of the 5 coworkers who really looked at my new VZW TP2, 2 or 3 said they plan to own it in the next week.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

this phone definitely resembles an iphone because of the big screen an black outline but they always see the bottom buttons and know its not an iphone, but the first thing every iphone user does is put my phone facing their phone so they can see the screen size and thickness comparison.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
Just a simple poll to see how many times you guys have had your TP2's been mistaken for an Iphone. Just a simple "yes" or "no".

I myself have had my TP2 mistakenly recognized for an Iphone about 3-4 seperate times in one month.
Damn, it is so weird you made this poll. Just yesterday I was working late, so I had a movie playing on my phone while it was just sitting on my desk and one of the new guys was walking through and ask me how I got the chrome of my I phone, I was like "Dude, what are you talking about?" Then I had to explain to him what kind of phone it was etc...... At that moment though I actually took offense to what he said but now its just funny. He is with verizon, so I showed him quite a few features and he was impressed to the point where he might actually get one from them. Hey, I think I need verizon to send me a referal

Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my boss has a iphone, the screen is shorter but wider on the iphone..

definantly like the longer and a little less wide look of the tp2
Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

I have a co-worker that has an iphone and he was talking crap so I told him "lets let our phones die and see who can change the battery the fastest". He shut up. His battery only lasts 4-5 hours max off the charger. (1st Gen) Lol
Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

wow, people still confuse other platforms for the iPhone? Apple's doing a really good job then. It's like people think the iPhone is the only touch screen smartphone out there... i don't mind tho, i like talking about winmo phones and love showing what they can do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2