PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro2 program memory leak???

In addition to the Nopush Internet hack, if you disable the CM Call Guardian service you'll free up another 4-5%. To do this, set the following key:

HKLM\Services\CMGuardian
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD if it doesn't exist.)

--Soft reset after making this change.

If I recall from previous HTC phones, CMGuardian is a service that monitors phone settings and reverts them back to safe defaults periodically. Given that we're all pretty savvy and WANT to change our settings, it seems safe to disable it. To reenable it later, just delete the Flags value and soft reset.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
MightyMike had me go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/ResProxy and change ShareMemSize to 0 and things settled down for me I never get up past 60% also if you are using S2U2 or G-Alarm it is going to take up a lot of memory as well.

ResProxy is HTC's method of pre-caching your applications therefore multitasking is much quicker and responsive. The only problem with this, is that the default setting is a little too large, therefore casuing you to peak at 90% memory usage most of the time. Especially when your device is on for atleast a day or two with no soft resets.

Setting this to 0 will stop it from "sharing" memory, thus leaving you more available memory to operate.

Even though the setting is at 0, I personally haven't noticed any slowdowns regarding speed.

It works well, this reg will be included in my rom, i also suggest everyone take advantage of it as well.

Cheerio!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

@Mike, I would thank you, but I seem to have lost my Thanks button...

EDIT: HUGE IMPROVEMENT with the ResProxy hack! Went from 60-65% to 48%.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-14-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
@Mike, I would thank you, but I seem to have lost my Thanks button...

EDIT: HUGE IMPROVEMENT with the ResProxy hack! Went from 60-65% to 48%.

I am a noob and this is officially my first HTC phone. So forgive me ahead of time for this question.

How do you go into the registry of the phone to make the ResProxy hack?

I am currently idling at 70% even with the Opera totally closed out and the springtp2_tweaks.cab.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

With your hack MM I never get above 53% that I notice I stay around 42-43% with mutiple things open even.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I believe that the Sprint and T-Mobile versions of the Touch Pro 2 have 256MB ram? I know it for sure for the T-mobile version. Just got my Verizon TP2 fedexed today and it has 288! With touch flow on a new startup I have 54% free, which equates to about 102MB, out of 190MB Program memory. Until I have alot of apps running it doesn't even get near 80%. Turning off everything, uncluding touch flo, with a soft reset, I see 48-49% used.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Bringer of Good Things

288MB on Sprint.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl555 View Post
I am a noob and this is officially my first HTC phone. So forgive me ahead of time for this question.

How do you go into the registry of the phone to make the ResProxy hack?

I am currently idling at 70% even with the Opera totally closed out and the springtp2_tweaks.cab.
If you installed my tweaks cab prior to 9PM eastern, reinstall the latest version... it includes all of the above tweaks now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
I believe that the Sprint and T-Mobile versions of the Touch Pro 2 have 256MB ram? I know it for sure for the T-mobile version. Just got my Verizon TP2 fedexed today and it has 288! With touch flow on a new startup I have 54% free, which equates to about 102MB, out of 190MB Program memory. Until I have alot of apps running it doesn't even get near 80%. Turning off everything, uncluding touch flo, with a soft reset, I see 48-49% used.
the tmobile has 288, it just says 256 in device info for some reason
Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I guess 45% is better but to startup with that still seems high to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2