PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Did anyone have any problems with Sashimi? I did

so sashimi's pretty simple, and certainly a time saver...

all the cabs in \auto ran just fine... but when my \auto\SCwent to run, i had issues..

it would throw up the first cab, and just hang at the screen where u select device or starage card, which normally is the automated series of screens where u literally watch it select storage card, then select install...
-issues-
1) i have to manually-though in auto mode-make the selctions when every cab shows up(again, this is just for the SC setup, other is fine)

2) after install, it hangs on the "installing screen"(seen before the device/sc install popup)

3) tried this part with and without manilla on... after #2 happens, i have to hit Start, then it jumps to the next cab instead of start menu.. but still have to make both selections after... this is annoying and honestly after a few attempts i tried to run with it and manually went through with it, and it worked for about the first 4 cabs, then the start menu would actually show up like it should, but now not loading up the next cab...

i made sure everything from 6.5 was taken out, i made sure my reg was cleaned up, in fact i didnt even import a reg for this, and thats auto processes that run After the cab installs anyways... but basically it wont run all the way through unless i remove all the cabs from the SC folder and skip em completely...

is there a script in there that controls the full SC sutomation process that some how might of got messed with??? any ideas at all??

i worked with for about 3hrs last night, after my 1st attempt... ive never hard reset so many times in one sitting LOL .. i moved stuff around, went cab by cab deleting em, the hard resetting, and running sashimi again to see if the first cab trying to load would be the issues instead... after 5 or so attempts with that, just removed everything from SC and it ran fine all the way through to the very end

makisu, all my other xmls, pim restore, everything in root, and the device cabs, ALL install fine...... if i have nothing in th SC.. otherwise i get stuck and have to abandon the process altogether
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: Did anyone have any problems with Sashimi? I did

I just used it to import my makisu, and it worked good. Have not tried the auto yet, as I don't want to add all that junk yet...

Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

bump. any probs with 6.5? i just learrned how to use sashimi finally and will be using it on my tp2 6.5 rom with the next reflash/hard reset.

also, what happens when u install aprogram that opens itself afterwards... like g-alarm.. you get a little setup screen after installation asking you if you want to install a plugin and/or delete language files. How does sashimi react to this? thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i havent had any issues using it with 6.5. there is apparently a problem when using it with 6.5.1 but i havent experienced it personally. goto their website for info on that.

your second question. sashimi will allow you to interact with apps like g-alarm after install. when the screen pops up just do whatever you need to do, exit and sashimi will continue where it left off
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

thanks, that was my only concern. can't wait to try it out next flash.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

for some reason sashimi is installing all my cabs in my storage card folder to device memory on wm6.5.1. is that a bug with 6.5.1 or am i doing something incorrectly? i'm using sashimi 8.0 and energy leo rom 6.5.1
Old 11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
for some reason sashimi is installing all my cabs in my storage card folder to device memory on wm6.5.1. is that a bug with 6.5.1 or am i doing something incorrectly? i'm using sashimi 8.0 and energy leo rom 6.5.1
bumpbump
Old 11-18-2009, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Carrier: Verizon

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work

The fix posted here did it for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=574482

I downloaded Notepad++ to find the line numbers it was referring to.

Attached is a copy of my SASHIMI.mscr file that you should be able to copy as a fix to \Internal Storage\SASHIMI\Program\Bin

jakewill
Attached Files
File Type: mscr SASHIMI.mscr (194.2 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
The fix posted here did it for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=574482

I downloaded Notepad++ to find the line numbers it was referring to.

Attached is a copy of my SASHIMI.mscr file that you should be able to copy as a fix to \Internal Storage\SASHIMI\Program\Bin

jakewill

Did this work for anyone? I copied it to my Bin folder but it still didnt work (I was in the middle of the install, but quit, copied the file over and did a soft reset. I was too far in the install process to do a hard reset but will tryit again on the next hard reset.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
issues, sashimi, tp2