PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Sprint TP2 for free!

That's right, as plain and simple as it gets. To make a long story short I was on my third TP and went into to the repair center to get it fixed yet again. I went in to pick it up and after two hours of having it I get a call that they gave someone else phone to me, it wasn't even my number! I had no time to go back in because of all the homework I had. Nor could I do it anytime soon because school all day then work for the next couple days.

So I talked with a friend who is an employee at the sprint service center and he said when they get the TP2 in (it is not in my store here in LA yet haha?) he will work it out for me and give it to me for free!

Loving life right now

Edit: No need to ask for proof, because there is no way I can show you I didn't pay, but to me it doesn't matter whether you believe me or not, the fact is I don't have to pay a dime!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint TP2 for free!

I sense the beginning of a hate-filled thread in 3..2..1..
Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Maybe, but I just got lucky and this could happen to anyone in the future, to be honest if I really like the Hero I might sell this on craigslist in October.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just kidding man, congratulations on the free TP2.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks man, I hope stuff like this works out for others, but I think just being with sprint before they were even called sprint and having 9 lines or so and constantly buying new phones may have helped lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MLSFAN20 is a n00b

That's pretty awesome you are getting the TP2 for free. Here's what I don't understand. I already have a TP2 but I went to the Sprint Store today to see if they had accessories. They still haven't nor have they had the TP2 in stores. How is it that Verizon which is getting theirs tomorrow which actually have it in retail stores from what I hear?

To make this question more simpler, why were people able to buy the Palm Pre on release day and not this phone?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you for the nice reply friend. To be honest, I think they know the fan base has been researching this and knows that they can order online and through Telesales Sept. 3. They don't push these phones because they know the average joe isn't going to walk in wanting a new plan and say. "hey I want that TP2." I believe the Hero will be more like the palm pre release.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

U exchange the TP1 for TP2. So it's not free. If they replace ur TP1 with another TP1, U did not get the TP1 for free did U? If U have a TP1,and sold it for 200. U use that 200 to buy the TP2. So It's just basically a good trade.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-11-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
I wonder how much sprint buys the pro2?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

This doesn't smell right. I bet you will have to pay something for the upgrade. But, even if you did you prolly wouldn't tell us...would you. Because the point of this thread was to brag right?Word of Advice to you and anyone else reading this: If you get a great deal...Keep It To Yourself!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2