PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 RAM

Alright, so I know we have plenty of threads going around, but I havent seen the RAM topic covered.

I just need a simple answer and we'll see this thread drop and disappear soon enough. (i apologize is this has been discussed on another thread, but it's a jungle out there!)

Okay, so we know there's less RAM on the tp2. But how much do you actually start with after a soft reset and all of the default software is loaded? More precisely, i'd like to know with TF3D enabled/disabled. Also if there are any Mobile Shell3 users out there, how much free RAM is available to you (when running ms3 and no other UI). Please post exact amount and percentage.

This would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 09-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint TP2 RAM

On the 1st boot up with TF3D enabled it's sitting @ 51%

With TF3D disabled it's sitting @ 44%
Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

After booting up and everything gets settled its running around mid 50's and after using the phone for a few its around the low to mid 60's.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:44 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

With MS3 after soft reset:
OS Program Memory=104.67
Program Memory=183.33
Used=92.07
Free=91.26
Old 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

with these results i cant wait for the hspl so we can just delete tf3d completely and run 6.5. also we'll be able to change the pagepool and do as we please.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

also the tp2 only has ram because of the way they set it up. it has less ram but more storage memory so basically the tp1 and tp2 have the same memory. as stated in my previous post once we have the hspl we can change that with custom roms.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
with these results i cant wait for the hspl so we can just delete tf3d completely and run 6.5. also we'll be able to change the pagepool and do as we please.
i hear ya, some of these titanium only roms are only 80-90mb, have like 350 of usuable room left... i dont like TF3D at all.... not that ive ever looked, but youd think thered be a manilla remover or something... some kind of cab that would remove it out right, even from stock roms...

...honestly what would happen if u just went in a deleted all the manilla files??
Old 09-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i hear ya, some of these titanium only roms are only 80-90mb, have like 350 of usuable room left... i dont like TF3D at all.... not that ive ever looked, but youd think thered be a manilla remover or something... some kind of cab that would remove it out right, even from stock roms...

...honestly what would happen if u just went in a deleted all the manilla files??
Someone asked that earlier and i think they said its possible but would be extemely tedious and time consuming. A cab that someone would create is a great idea. But until the hspl comes out we're still running 6.1 on this thing i have to keep tf3d active because i don't use spb mobile shell or anything like that.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i ran 6.1 stock till about 3 weeks ago and ive had TPs since just after the begining i think. without TF3D... i just use today with a launch pugin, and system plugin, and second today for weatherpanel... im gonna do the same on my TP2 on tuesday too, until we can flash...

just wondered if those were linked to anythign other than TF... even if it takes 10minutes to delete, its worth it for te extra room really....especially if you dont use it..

at the same time i install alot of stuff, i usually still always have around 100mbs left over afterwards, so its not like i need the room.. i just like when i installed dom sims and silences rom, first cab i put in i had like 330+mbs to start with instead of the 200+ u start with on stock
Old 09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just checked and it looks like the TF3D manila files take up ~36 Mb of total ROM space.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2