PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question SD Card Speed/Compatibility

Ok maybe im getting a little ahead of myself since i dont even have the phone yet but I'm already buying accessories for my sprint touch pro 2. Here is my question:

I searched high and low and I cant find it but a month ago or so i read a thread on here where someone posted a link to buy a 64gb micro sd card then in some of the posts under a few people said it was nice but that it wouldn't work in pocket pc's I dont know why! Just know a few of you said that... well I'm looking for a good 8 or 16gb micro sd for my touch pro 2 (when it gets here) but I'm afraid it wont work... How do i know what micro sd's are compatible for our phones? Also are any of them any faster than others? Like will buying an expensive name brand resulting in faster reading or writing to the card? Can anyone make a recomendation?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: SD Card Speed/Compatibility

Well first of all I don't think there is any such thing as a 64gb micro sd since the format stops at 32gb, anything larger would be classified as an xd card if I am not mistaken, someone correct me if I am wrong. I am sure the tp2 will support up to 32gb micro sd. As far as speed that would depend on the class of the card, for example a class 2, class 4 or class 6, 6 being the fastest. I have an 8gb class 2 and it works perfectly, sandisc is the brand. I have used other brands like toshiba, transcend, sandisc to name a few and they all worked fine for me.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work

I bought a class 6 8GB Transcend from Hong Kong on eBay for about $25 that seems to be working pretty good. Some people have said they don't like the brand but I haven't had a problem with it yet.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well first of all I don't think there is any such thing as a 64gb micro sd since the format stops at 32gb, anything larger would be classified as an xd card if I am not mistaken, someone correct me if I am wrong. I am sure the tp2 will support up to 32gb micro sd. As far as speed that would depend on the class of the card, for example a class 2, class 4 or class 6, 6 being the fastest. I have an 8gb class 2 and it works perfectly, sandisc is the brand. I have used other brands like toshiba, transcend, sandisc to name a few and they all worked fine for me.

im starting to think maybe the thread was removed by a mod because the 64gb card was fake and thats why i cant find it... but thanks and so im clear... 6 is the highest class its the fastest and no matter what class it is it will work in the tp2?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 AM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Yeah it will work just fine no matter the class of the card.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know it's a bit on the pricey side, but I went with the Transcend 16 GB Class 6 card from Amazon. It get's really great reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
Old 09-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Exclamation Re: SD Card Speed/Compatibility

NewEgg has a 16 GB RiData Class 6 microSDHC card with MiniSD and SD adapters for $49.25. Shipping is $2.99, plus I have CA tax of $4.06. Total is $56.30.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 09-05-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
NewEgg has a 16 GB RiData Class 6 microSDHC card with MiniSD and SD adapters for $49.25. Shipping is $2.99, plus I have CA tax of $4.06. Total is $56.30.
I never heard of that brand before but thats a pretty good price for a class 6 though.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I bought this one and it is working great the speed is noticeable over my 8GB class 4 that was in there before. In fact SKTools speed test reports that it is slightly faster than the internal Memory!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
micro