PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SD Card Speed/Compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch_Pete View Post
I bought this one and it is working great the speed is noticeable over my 8GB class 4 that was in there before. In fact SKTools speed test reports that it is slightly faster than the internal Memory!
How long have you had it for? Some people have complained about the card dying after a few weeks.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
NewEgg has a 16 GB RiData Class 6 microSDHC card with MiniSD and SD adapters for $49.25. Shipping is $2.99, plus I have CA tax of $4.06. Total is $56.30.
wow that looks good! hey if I buy one of these class 6 cards will i be able to install all of my apps to the card instead of my internal memory? I think im gonna order this same one too!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
How long have you had it for? Some people have complained about the card dying after a few weeks.
Yeah I noticed that review also. That's what made me pay the $16 more for the other one since it had so many positive reviews and is a well known brand.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm the type who puts the card in the phone and then leaves it alone, using WMDC and disk mode to work with it. These cards weren't made to be handled a lot, and the slightest bit of static electricity/skin oil/lint can cause a connection problem.

I have a feeling that the ones who have had problems with it either got a bad card (It happens, and NewEgg will take care of you) or they handle it too much.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post

I have had it for just over 2 weeks but it has a 2 year warranty so if anything goes wrong you can send it back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I'm the type who puts the card in the phone and then leaves it alone, using WMDC and disk mode to work with it. These cards weren't made to be handled a lot, and the slightest bit of static electricity/skin oil/lint can cause a connection problem.

I have a feeling that the ones who have had problems with it either got a bad card (It happens, and NewEgg will take care of you) or they handle it too much.
dude im the same exact way that's why when people complain about the card being in a difficult place to reach its not an issue for me because I put it in and leave it in.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

What do you think about this one? 8gb class 6 micro sd for only $24.99! Anyone ever heard of this name brand... "Transcend"? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...848&CatId=4020
Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
What do you think about this one? 8gb class 6 micro sd for only $24.99! Anyone ever heard of this name brand... "Transcend"? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...848&CatId=4020
Yeah, check out post #7.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:20 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Transcend invended T-flash, which then became part of the SD standard and re-named micro-SD. so yes, they are as solid as sandisk.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ok sounds good! I think 8gb will be more than enough space for me... I'm using a 4gb now and its only 18% full... I dont use my phones to play music so i think 8gb will be good! Anyone find a better deal?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
micro