PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Magnet in case turns LCD on

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkiee View Post
my issue is the "wake on slide in" feature that I'm not too keen on...
That I would agree with you as well, although I have already gotten the hang of sliding the phone in then pressing the sleep button...
Old 08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

junkiee is just getting started

ok so it meems to be linked to the keyboard sensor, because I put the device lock back on, (which didn't lock the phone when you slid the KB out from sleep) and the device lock doesn't turn on when you pull the phone out of the case.

does anyone know of a way to basically disable that? so when the KB is slid out the phone doesn't turn on; that should eliminate the issue of it turning itself on when you put in in the case, or take it out...

thanks,
Old 08-08-2009, 08:18 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
This is not neccesarily true. The touch pro 2 is running a TFT-LCD. This is completely different from a traditional CRT and should not be affected by a magnet.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
100% wrong. Completely different technologies.
Quote:
LCD and CRT are 2 different things, and aside from that, shielded magnets can be beside CRT screens, hence the reason pc speakers won't affect a CRT monitor if they are shielded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclutchable View Post
Magnets affect CRT screens. When's the last time your phone had a CRT screen? They're all TFT LCD screens, magnets don't affect them. Are you stuck in 1990?
do you 3 actually read enitre threads or no?? but thanks for the repeat answers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I've been using magnetic cases forever and absolutely love them.

How can you not like sliding out your phone and your screen automatically turning on for you?
Wake up on slide out feature = WIN
i dont know what your using since your MightyMike and all(no sarcasm intended), but sliding the keyboard to wake the device is standard
Old 08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

junkiee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont know what your using since your MightyMike and all(no sarcasm intended), but sliding the keyboard to wake the device is standard
Sliding the keyboard open (to expose it) and sliding the whole phone out of a leather case, are 2 different things.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Sliding the keyboard open (to expose it) and sliding the whole phone out of a leather case, are 2 different things.
gotcha, just misunderstood i guess... i can understand on the TP2, its new.. but mikes on a TP, how can the magnet wake the device?? im stoned and just ran a magnet all around my TP and it doesnt wake up, so i dont see how the magnet from a case could..
Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
gotcha, just misunderstood i guess... i can understand on the TP2, its new.. but mikes on a TP, how can the magnet wake the device?? im stoned and just ran a magnet all around my TP and it doesnt wake up, so i dont see how the magnet from a case could..
Mightymike got his tp2 like a week and a half ago. He has a thread on the first page of this same forum a few lines down with pics and what not.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

haha, I think i'm the first one here who even had the TP2. Friday July 31st @ 3:30pm.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
haha, I think i'm the first one here who even had the TP2. Friday July 31st @ 3:30pm.
I would have had mine at almost exactly the same time if the idiot at Best Buy could have figured out how to activate it. I had to take directions in to them so they could make it work.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
I would have had mine at almost exactly the same time if the idiot at Best Buy could have figured out how to activate it. I had to take directions in to them so they could make it work.
When i swapped my touch pro for the touch pro 2, i told him I was doing the activation myself lol. He started rambling on the $25/esn swap and I was like yeah whatever man just give me the phone. On mytelusmobility.com I have $0 esn swap's, so I can just swap for free whenever I want. Don't ask me how I scored that sweet feature, one day It just went from $10 to $0 all by itself lol.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

sorry, was going off his info on his post.. says he has a Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2