PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Magnet in case turns LCD on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78494)

junkiee 08-08-2009 01:38 PM

Magnet in case turns LCD on

hey guys, just picked up a case for my TP2, a belt varient with a magnetic flap on it... anyone else with one of these notice that the magnet turns the display on? even swiping the device over the magnet outside of the case turns the display on... that's annoying. ](*,)

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 02:24 PM

Re: Magnet in case turns LCD on

why on earth would u buy a magnetic case???

dont u know magnets screen interference??? leave your TV next to your speakers for a few weeks, itll turn purple down in the corners....

your gonna ruin your phone slowly with that magnetic case

redd214 08-08-2009 02:42 PM

the stylus on the original tp was magnetic, why does that not mess up the screen?

Table83 08-08-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089142)

dont u know magnets screen interference??? leave your TV next to your speakers for a few weeks, itll turn purple down in the corners....

This is not neccesarily true. The touch pro 2 is running a TFT-LCD. This is completely different from a traditional CRT and should not be affected by a magnet.

I prefer magnet cases and have used them with my Touch and Touch Pro with no problems. They probably have some new magnet sensors that cause the screen to wake. Sad to hear.

pbeaul 08-08-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiee (Post 1089068)
hey guys, just picked up a case for my TP2, a belt varient with a magnetic flap on it... anyone else with one of these notice that the magnet turns the display on? even swiping the device over the magnet outside of the case turns the display on... that's annoying. ](*,)

Whoa, I heard the Telus guy say that in the store but I thought he was just BS'ing. But if you pass the magnet towards the lower part of the phone new that talk/Windows/back/end keys the screen will turn on and automatically unlock itself... Interesting.

pbeaul 08-08-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

100% wrong. Completely different technologies.

MightyMike 08-08-2009 04:41 PM

I've been using magnetic cases forever and absolutely love them.

How can you not like sliding out your phone and your screen automatically turning on for you?

Im stoked that HTC finally put this feature on the phone. Clearly your pulling your phone outta your case to look at it, why have to press the wake up button when it will do it automatically for you?

Wake up on slide out feature = WIN

junkiee 08-08-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1089336)
I've been using magnetic cases forever and absolutely love them.

How can you not like sliding out your phone and your screen automatically turning on for you?

Im stoked that HTC finally put this feature on the phone. Clearly your pulling your phone outta your case to look at it, why have to press the wake up button when it will do it automatically for you?

Wake up on slide out feature = WIN

my issue is the "wake on slide in" feature that I'm not too keen on...

junkiee 08-08-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

LCD and CRT are 2 different things, and aside from that, shielded magnets can be beside CRT screens, hence the reason pc speakers won't affect a CRT monitor if they are shielded...

unclutchable 08-08-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Magnets affect CRT screens. When's the last time your phone had a CRT screen? They're all TFT LCD screens, magnets don't affect them. Are you stuck in 1990?

Blackberry's have a magnet built into their leather cases that actually turn off the screen when you put the phone in it.