PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Magnet in case turns LCD on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78494)

MightyMike 08-08-2009 05:20 PM

Re: Magnet in case turns LCD on

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiee (Post 1089377)
my issue is the "wake on slide in" feature that I'm not too keen on...

That I would agree with you as well, although I have already gotten the hang of sliding the phone in then pressing the sleep button...

junkiee 08-08-2009 07:56 PM

ok so it meems to be linked to the keyboard sensor, because I put the device lock back on, (which didn't lock the phone when you slid the KB out from sleep) and the device lock doesn't turn on when you pull the phone out of the case.

does anyone know of a way to basically disable that? so when the KB is slid out the phone doesn't turn on; that should eliminate the issue of it turning itself on when you put in in the case, or take it out...

thanks,

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table83 (Post 1089214)
This is not neccesarily true. The touch pro 2 is running a TFT-LCD. This is completely different from a traditional CRT and should not be affected by a magnet.

thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbeaul (Post 1089307)
100% wrong. Completely different technologies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiee (Post 1089381)
LCD and CRT are 2 different things, and aside from that, shielded magnets can be beside CRT screens, hence the reason pc speakers won't affect a CRT monitor if they are shielded...

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclutchable (Post 1089387)
Magnets affect CRT screens. When's the last time your phone had a CRT screen? They're all TFT LCD screens, magnets don't affect them. Are you stuck in 1990?

do you 3 actually read enitre threads or no?? but thanks for the repeat answers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1089336)
I've been using magnetic cases forever and absolutely love them.

How can you not like sliding out your phone and your screen automatically turning on for you?
Wake up on slide out feature = WIN

i dont know what your using since your MightyMike and all(no sarcasm intended), but sliding the keyboard to wake the device is standard

junkiee 08-08-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089622)
i dont know what your using since your MightyMike and all(no sarcasm intended), but sliding the keyboard to wake the device is standard

Sliding the keyboard open (to expose it) and sliding the whole phone out of a leather case, are 2 different things.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiee (Post 1089625)
Sliding the keyboard open (to expose it) and sliding the whole phone out of a leather case, are 2 different things.

gotcha, just misunderstood i guess... i can understand on the TP2, its new.. but mikes on a TP, how can the magnet wake the device?? im stoned and just ran a magnet all around my TP and it doesnt wake up, so i dont see how the magnet from a case could..

themuffinman 08-08-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089666)
gotcha, just misunderstood i guess... i can understand on the TP2, its new.. but mikes on a TP, how can the magnet wake the device?? im stoned and just ran a magnet all around my TP and it doesnt wake up, so i dont see how the magnet from a case could..

Mightymike got his tp2 like a week and a half ago. He has a thread on the first page of this same forum a few lines down with pics and what not.

MightyMike 08-08-2009 09:50 PM

haha, I think i'm the first one here who even had the TP2. Friday July 31st @ 3:30pm.

leanne 08-08-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1089764)
haha, I think i'm the first one here who even had the TP2. Friday July 31st @ 3:30pm.

I would have had mine at almost exactly the same time if the idiot at Best Buy could have figured out how to activate it. I had to take directions in to them so they could make it work.

MightyMike 08-08-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1089767)
I would have had mine at almost exactly the same time if the idiot at Best Buy could have figured out how to activate it. I had to take directions in to them so they could make it work.

When i swapped my touch pro for the touch pro 2, i told him I was doing the activation myself lol. He started rambling on the $25/esn swap and I was like yeah whatever man just give me the phone. On mytelusmobility.com I have $0 esn swap's, so I can just swap for free whenever I want. Don't ask me how I scored that sweet feature, one day It just went from $10 to $0 all by itself lol.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 09:54 PM

sorry, was going off his info on his post.. says he has a Touch Pro