PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Oh, that sucks. Oh well, How can I go about hiding the Sprint text, not the logo?
Use this & rename it by just pressing the space bar a couple times
Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Unofficial Old School Sprint Tethering solution
I think I finally got it to work on my sprint TP2 (like I did for my TP1)
these are the registry edits I made:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

HKLM\Services\CMGuardian
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD if it doesn't exist.)
Soft reset- open up ICS and for PC connection select USB- then plug in and you should be good to go- I still occasionally receive the "Error 67" (Incorrect username/password) error which I can get around by initiating a data connection before clicking 'Connect' in Internet Sharing.
much thanks to sweetbearcub and goodthings2life along with whoever made the TP1 hack
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Lots Oo cab's!!!!

First I did not make these cabs however I did rename some of them so that I could remember what they where. some of them I dont know what they do really. Also I couldnt upload the all important net framework 3.5 however if you google that one its easy to find. This post was just to put a bunch of cabs all in one place.

Advance Config 3.3- A tool to complety set up your device also has a soft reset option for us Sprint guys

Reg Edit- A tool that lets you adjust registry settings.

Pim backup- back up your contacts and some settings.

Skyfire- A nice browser that has flash

BS ohyeahar- bottom slider that is very involved plety more then just a bottom slider. Soon to work with the extra sprint icons nav and tv as well. You can replace this slider however I havnt been able to remove it with the remove programs tool. However this is my slider of choice one of the best in my opinion.

Last edited by twilk; 09-15-2009 at 05:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Lots Oo cab's!!!!

In order to get the clear clock to work you must first install the activate flip clock then soft reset your TP2. Second install the clear clock, then soft reset. This will result in the right sprint logo move to the left side center. use the sprint logo remover cab to clear that up. Some of visual cabs need to be installed in a specific order to work. No idea why but they do. Also if you use the BS ohyeahar slider but want to use the clear clock then you need to install the Bs ohyeahar slider first because that slider actually has its own style clear clock already loaded with it.

Activate flip clock- use this to make all flip clocks flip. Should be installed 1st before installing a flip clock.

Clear Clock- a t-mobil style clock thats transparent and flip style.

Blue task- Blue taskbar icons dont recall whos they are I rename everything so I can remember what the cab is.

Below are phone tweaks.

At0mAng_Enhanced_D3D_Driver

Disable SMS Sent Notification- Disables that message saying message sent everytime you send a text and so forth.

Last edited by twilk; 09-15-2009 at 05:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Enable_All_Camera_Modes- Extra camera functions like burst and so forth

Enable_In_Call_Recording- call someone click menu and now you can record that call

HTC_G-Sensor_Lists[1]- More g sensor options

More call options- not sure what options it adds

NoPushInternet_v2- dont use push interent? Save your self 10% memory probably helps battery life too.

Last edited by twilk; 09-15-2009 at 04:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

TP2-Batt 1%- works only with a task bar that supports 1% incraments. The blue task bar does i loaded in an earlier post supports it.

BG For All Pages WVGA- Wallpaper no matter what tab your on callender, settings whatever.

Crystal_Mail and Music- clear mail folder and when your song doesnt have a picture to display it makes the music gray + icon clear

Hide Sprint logo- removes the right sprint logo

No more sprint txt- changed the txt on the left to whatever you want. Mine is just an empty space.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TP2-Batt 1%.cab (81.3 KB, 326 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab BG For All Pages WVGA.cab (104.9 KB, 274 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Crystal_Mail and Music.cab (389.9 KB, 167 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Hid sprint logo.cab (17.3 KB, 510 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip No more sprint txt.zip (68.6 KB, 469 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by twilk; 09-15-2009 at 04:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

No Top Curtain- Removes the transparent gray bar at the top of the screen.

No Bottom Curtain- same as the one above but for the lower slider. If you are using a custom slider dont bother using this cab.

Rotastrain Retractable sLider- makes your main slider like your landscape slider. Too work with a custom slider first install this then your custom slider. If you use background for all tabs this then i dont think this cab will work. Its one of those things maybe I didnt install in the proper order.

Neon theme- neon bottom slider, doesnt have the sprint nav or tv icons

CMYLXGOs.Custom.Manila.2.5.Slider.Icons.and.Transp arent.Slider- A nice bottom slider made for sprint users. That means it has all the icons for the bottom slider including the sprint nav and tv. It also matches well with the blue taskbar icons.

Keep this thread going with more cabs.

Last edited by twilk; 09-15-2009 at 05:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Also here are two reg edits you can use. The first one is to free up the start menu icons. I know I put the cab to do that in this thread however some people prefer reg edits over cabs. The second is to increase incall volume however its for the Diamond and I am not sure that it works. It didnt seem like it worked for me.

to free up the start menu icons that are there by default and not removable you need to change

HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/0/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/1/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/2/IsReadOnly
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/ProgramLauncher/3/IsReadOnly

Change this value from 1 to a 0 and you can then edit their shortcuts.

Turn In-Call Volume Up

Regisrty: HKCU\Control Panel\SoundCategories\InCall
Key: InitVol
Default: 2
New Value: 10
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

should we just post our findings and then the ThreadStarted would edit the first post so its easier to find them?
or for less stuff on the first post. discribed the tweak or whatever and then post a link that starts at that post
anyways. i found this and i do not know if there was a fix discussed on ppcgeeks but

sms counter fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=560100 post 5

also both no curtains cab since nobody made it here
i dont like installing 2 things when there almost the same epsically when i did it this way on my touch pro

Both "No Curtains Cab" in one cab http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=524176&page=2

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 09-15-2009 at 11:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Tweak request-

-Enabling the mute button on the back of the phone when you are on a BT headset or just using the handset so you don't have to mess with the screen.

-A step further: Allow you to remap the button during different situations.

Example-

While not on a call you could remap it to something like voice command or live search (or anything else you wanted)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2